Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Am I just bitter or smart

This jerk slabbed on ebay has the following auction.zauchin $800

It was bought here Zauchin 335$

Am I missing something??? Is here really going to profit 500 bucks from ebayer that were too dumb to see lelands auctions?

Comments

• Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Well, right now it has an opening bid of $99, and no bidders. I don't see any profit as of yet.

Unless some novice hits the "Buy it Now", I wonder if he will realize much if any profit on this sale. I don't see any reserve, so it could end at $99 if he only gets one bid.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    I say god bless him ....... if he gets his price that is.

scott
  • Options
    I would replace "dumb" with "uninformed", in your diatribe.

Am I missing something??? Is here really going to profit 500 bucks from ebayer that were too dumb to see lelands auctions?

Dang, I hate it when I make a profit on a card......c'mon man - a card is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it!

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭
    if it sells, you're bitter
    if it does not, you're smart

either way, your a jealous anti-capitalist

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

<< <i>if it sells, you're bitter
    if it does not, you're smart

either way, your a jealous anti-capitalist >>

>please read username...lol I will be bidding up to my original amount I did on the lelands auction, I am curious if this seller is going to schill it up??!?!?!!!&*!%#&#
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    snipe it.

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    I think you may have a typo in your link. The Lelands site lists for $355. I suspect that he will not get either.
    It may be an 8, but certainly not a well centered version.
    He is counting that eBay has a bigger population of collectors and that several high $ players for the card don't get Leland's stuff. Seems a risky proposition. Also, if you were the one will to pay the most for it just a month ago and the price was not ridiculously low, then it seems likely that no one will be willing to pay a lot more one month later. A calculated risk. My guess is he losses money.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i say good for him if he's able to make a profit on it..
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i> if you were the one will to pay the most for it just a month ago and the price was not ridiculously low, then it seems likely that no one will be willing to pay a lot more one month later. A calculated risk. My guess is he losses money.
    Fuzz >>

That sums up my question, wouldn't everyone try an do this? I picked up a lower pop (than zauchin) PSA 8 for 180 (when all was said and done). My thoughts were that the heavy hitters on ebay would know about the lelnads auction, maybe I am tkaing their intelligence for granted. image As far as him making a profit, no problem with the Republican here, just very curious as to how this one is going to end. Think I'll bid the 99, won' that wipe out the ridiculously high buy it now?

edited; do we not like this guy slabbed? Thought people mentioned him before???
  • Options

<< <i>Think I'll bid the 99, won' that wipe out the ridiculously high buy it now? >>

yep! if theres no reserve.. image
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    muahuahahahhahaahhaa
    THREAD OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    do a search on this seller

"Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options

<< <i>do a search on this seller >>

is this the same "slabbed" that sometimes posts on here?
    ·p_A·