Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What is your....

Oddest collectible? Whether it be a card, ball, bat or whatever...
When I was in Saudi during desert storm, I couldn't resist keeping a pack of TP since it had a camel on it! The stuff was made in Saudi by a contractor whom I figure thought he was honoring us with the TP? There's nothing like a bad ass camel starring at you when you go to the john!
Our favorite food? KFC...kentucky fried camel!

Happy New Year...the gremlins are out ringing in the new year! The bubbly wine is running at Stones casa!

Mike

Comments

• Options
    My oddest collectible? I would say it would be a contract signed by former Phillies Whiz Kid Granny Hamner (and his wife) to have their house built here in Richmond, Va. I bought it at an estate sale. Can't really explain why I wanted it, but I did.

great question !
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Would have to be this Goodyear Blimp that I bought because it flew over a football game I attended :

The wife says I can't buy any more till we have more room to display them ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The wife says I can't buy any more till we have more room to display them ... >>

Too Cool Wolf!
    When can you come pick me up...

Mike
  • Options

Stone - I'll be there as soon as I can figure out how to fire this thing up again.

It would help if you'd just stand out in your driveway. That way I 'd only have to lower a rope for you.
    The last time I tried to land this dam thing, I ended up knocking over some poor soul's mailbox ... image

Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Stone, I think GAI will encapsulate your unopened pack of Desert Storm toilet paper. They have holders for everything. I think Babe Ruth's former two-story house is in a GAI holder (coming up in a Mastro auction).

I hope you won't get in trouble for stealing valuable government property. The Pentagon buys TP for $43.50 a roll, you know!
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    lol!!!!!
  • Options
    Mine would have to be an oversized Margarita Glass that is filled with the corks from every bottle of wine I've ever had. I don't know why I kept all those corks. imageimageimageimage

Scott
    Registry Sets:
    T-205 Gold PSA 4 & up
    1967 Topps BB PSA 8 & up
    1975 Topps BB PSA 9 & up
    1959 Topps FB PSA 8 & up
    1976 Topps FB PSA 9 & up
    1981 Topps FB PSA 10
    1976-77 Topps BK PSA 9 & up
    1988-89 Fleer BK PSA 10
    3,000 Hit Club RC PSA 5 & Up

My Sets
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Stone - I'll be there as soon as I can figure out how to fire this thing up again.

It would help if you'd just stand out in your driveway. That way I 'd only have to lower a rope for you.
    The last time I tried to land this dam thing, I ended up knocking over some poor soul's mailbox ... image >>

image i can actually picture the scene.. wolfbear dropping a rope for mike.. where will y'all be floating off to? wolfbear, is that your silhouette inside the blimp in that picture you posted?

(it wont let me post the word "c0(kpit")
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    A "Saved by the Bell" script autographed by Screech aka Dustin Diamond.

It's got sentimental value because it was the first and last time I've ever heckled someone.
  • Options
    Barry Williams aka Greg Brady of Brady Bunch fame autographed photo. Message reads "Have a Very Brady Birthday." Can be had for a very reasonable price.
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    Wolfbear

I think penzzoni makes a case for that airship.
    x
  • Options

boggs - Pepperoni is fine.
    You can bring along whatever kind of pizza you like.

I'll swing by and pick you up too. Just don't forget the anchovies :

Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I have the towel that Michelle Kwan used after she put here hand prints in cement at
    Epcot's walk of fame. Me and my wife waited far too long to see what they would do
    with the towel, as it turns out it fell into the hands of some janitors who pitched it
    and I fished it out.

JS
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    That's just creepy.

Not near as creepy as my Tonya Harding "Event Used" bat, signed by her and Jabba the Hutt.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>signed by her and Jabba the Hutt. >>

i have the Jabba the hutt's bong..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I had a funny feeling there'd be a pot reference in this thread before all was said and done.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>signed by her and Jabba the Hutt. >>

i have the Jabba the hutt's bong.. >>

Really?

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    I got Laurence Fishburne's Christmas card from a few years back ...

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Why was this dug up ?

NJ- did Laurence send that to you or did you get it from somewhere?
  • Options
    My sister works for a prominent Hollywood cardiologist ... does stress tests and EKGs on all the big shots. You can watch her on some TV show called the "Biggest Loser." She found this Christmas card laying around the office and sent it to me.
  • Options
    My oddest collectible would have to be the Carlos Guillen game worn signed shower sandle. It was used in the showers around April of this year.

• Options
    I just bought a collection of cards from a guy. There mounted in his house are ticket stubs, a signed newspaper, and the cleats that Frank Reich wore in the Bills famous comeback against Houston. I thought that was pretty cool.

I personally have a water bottle from Reich when I worked at Bills camp and a pair of spikes I used to wear that belonged to Art Still when he played with the bills.

Best collectable I ALMOST had... Lawyer Malloys helmet. I was holding it while he signed some autos. He forgot that I had it and didn't come back. An equipment manager saw me with it and started asking questions. I gave it back without a fight, but could have easily just walked out had I thought of it sooner.
    "I put my pants on just like you... One leg at a time. The differences is when I put them on, I make gold records."
  • Options

<< <i>Why was this dug up ? >>

Tis better to resurrect than create the same one several times over.

+1

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't give yourself a +1
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    this was from wolfbear's last attempt at flying his blimp.....good thing he had a parachute.

• Options

<< <i>You can't give yourself a +1 >>

Says who?

+ image
  • Options

<< <i>this was from wolfbear's last attempt at flying his blimp.....good thing he had a parachute.

image >>

WARNING! Science content.
  • Options
    My oddest collectible would have to be this syringe that I found out in left field while on a tour of AT&T park in San Francisco. I'm not sure where it came from, but I found it interesting and decided to keep it.

• Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mine would have to be an oversized Margarita Glass that is filled with the corks from every bottle of wine I've ever had. I don't know why I kept all those corks. imageimageimageimage

Scott >>

I would need a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY BIG margarita glass.
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would need a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY BIG margarita glass. >>

That explains quite a bit.