Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is there any demand for Peyton Manning's Topps "Season Opener 98" Draft pick card?....

I'm quite unfamiliar with sports memorabilia. I do, however, know that he's breakin' some records and was wondering if this card would fetch any real money @ Fleebay. Your help is appreciated...Thanks in advance.image

Tom
What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?

Comments

• Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    um.......................no...................overproduced.....his sp authentic was numbered to 1999 and is his premier rookie card....at 500 bucks for a psa 9..........your card is prolly like 2 bucks or something...
  • Options
    Actually, the Season Opener rookies were the exact same card as the '98 Topps, but it had the Season Opener stamp on the top right corner. they took off in the price guide right before the '99 season, because they were retail only. Kinda like '96-97 Topps Chrome.

They have since settled down, and I believe they are worth the exact same value as the regular '98 Topps card. I'd say it's worth about $10-$15 right now. You might get $6-$8 on Ebay if the condition is good. Now would be the best time to sell since he just broke the record, and they never can make it to the big game. Even though I would like to see them make it this year. Great team.

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    These cards were anything BUT overproduced. They were in fact only retail and a 24 dollar box
    yeilded an exact set. Moss, Manning, Green.....a great set. These cards suffered the typical topps
    damages...corners, centering...graded ones would command a premium over graded regular topps
    cards. Keep in mind the serial numbered cards was still very new here.

If you really want to find a rare card try to find the topps action flats Manning RC in mint condition.

Kevin