Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

A word to the wise....

When buying Bazooka 3-card panels, be careful--even if buying the whole BOX! On the right side (usually) there is a SEAM where the box would fold. If this seam is on the INside of the dashed lines, BEWARE! PSA will KILL it when grading! I just got a grade back for a panel that i carefully cut out from a box, and it only got a '6'!!! When i called for a REVIEW of the card, THIS is the explanation that they gave me! It doesn't matter that the card was MADE this way; in their eyes, it's treated as a FLAW--much like a crease, and the grade will suffer! So make sure those seams are on the OUTside of the dashed lines, so you can cut them away! Interestingly, i recently saw a 1963 Bazooka panel where the card was actually cut INside the dashed lines on the right side, to AVOID having the seam show--and it worked for them! The card graded an '8'!! When i mentioned this to the person i talked to, he admits "that shouldn't have happened" (i knew that!), and the card should not have even gotten a grade, but rather just an "authentic" notation on the slab. But the seller was probably laughing all the way to the bank--he got the '8' grade, plus over $700. for selling the card! Why did they have to pick MY card to "get it right"?! image