Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

what kind of slab is gai using here?

it looks like something that nasa grading would use. and is really just a screw down with tape on the corners. image

Comments

• Options
    If you think THAT'S bad, you ought to see their holders for large items--they look like a flimsy holder for license plates--seriously!!
  • Options
    whattya gonna due? u gotta go wit wat wurks bes
  • Options
    I have a bunch of GAI'S ........... oops blasphemy.image

I have never seen that holder before, is it possible that someone put the flip on another holder ?

scott
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Could be part of the WIWIGHITP scandal.

We Insert Worse In GAI Holders If That's Possible ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    I agree with aloof. I seriously doubt this is a real GAI holder/slab.
    Anything larger than normal size cards, packs, or cards thicker than 75pt stock will be holdered in those ugly plastic pack style holders.
    The flip on this thing looks like it's on the outside of the screwdown holder. That is just damn ugly!
  • Options
    I'm no expert but this card holder screams out that its a fake.
  • Options
    don't think it is fake, just a really bad excuse for a holder used by gai for a card that is a wierd size. link to the ebay auction it is in
  • Options
    here is his "me" info on ebay. sounds like a guy you could trust.

Phil Regli
    Sports Publications Author - Author of the book Collectors Guide to Sports Illustrated and Sports Publications
    Phil Regli is one of the recognized experts on Sports Illustrated and Sports Publications with over 25 years experience in sports collectibles, 3 books (The Collectors Guide to Sports Illustrated and Sports Publications (Beckett) and dozens of articles on the subject. We offer a free newsletter on Sports Publications for people who collect Sports publications by E-mailing me at Regli@aol.com. You can also order my book via Ebay anytime you need one! If you collect sports publications you can check out the website at www.prpsports.com. Currently I have an inventory of about 30,000 sports publications (sports Illustrated, sporting news, Basketball, baseball and football yearbooks and game programs. I am always interested in purchasing rare sports publications and learning more about material that I have not cataloged. If you would like to be on my mailing list, just drop me a note at Regli@aol.com. I also attend this years National!
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    It looks like something that might have been graded on-site at a show. I agree that it looks pretty damn bad, but it's probably legit.
    Who is Rober Maris?