Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Givaway: Cycling PCGS MS69, etc. - WE HAVE WINNERS

First, thank you to all who participated in this worthy endeavour.

The winners of the contest are:

First Prize winner is FiveCents who came within eleven cents of the closing price of $438.10.
1995 Cycling $1 Commemorative PCGS MS69

Second prize winner is SNMAN who missed by only seventy cents.
1988 $5 Olympic Gold Proof raw but looks like a sure PR69 DCAM

Third prize winner is Hedger who was within one dollar and twenty four cents.
Starter collection of Buffalo nickels

Winners please send a PM with your mailing address.

Gold Closing Price on 12/31 Prediction and Entrant Name

428.77 longtimecollector
436.86 Hedger
437.99 fivecents
438.80 SNMAN
441.50 Craton
442.74 nwcs
443.22 TWODOGS
443.78 ibzman350
444.80 relayer (Silver: 6.93)
444.80 Wingsrule (Silver: 7.09)
445.75 oreville
448.31 newsman
448.35 Deadhorse
448.60 Stork
449.62 Cherwood
450.50 michael
451.72 keets
452.13 Neptune
452.71 coinfreak499
455.71 Bubblehead
456.00 Coinhusker1

In recent days we have seen and heard reports frrom IRAQ, that our troops lack armor, ammunition, and other battle equipment. Many also lack the basic necessities of living such as bathing water, toilet paper, floss, shampoo, etc. They have to rely on family members, many of whom are financially strapped, to supply walkie-talkies, night vision goggles, toiletries, food, and many other essentials. The military has imposed a "stop loss" order which is preventing the troops from leaving the war even though their enlistment period is over or they are eligible to retire. Morale has to be impacted for both the troops and their families when they hear that the war is likely to go on quite a bit longer.

Most of us are in a position to make at least a small difference. We can help either financially or at least by writing a thank you letter to these brave men and women.

Here is what I propose. "Adopt" a deployed military person(s). It is very easy to do. Go to www.OperationMilitaryPride.org and "SIGN-UP" on the left side of the page. Much information is also available at that link. For those who help in any way or intend to help, please respond to this topic and you will be entered in a contest which will have the following prizes:
1. 1995 Cycling $1 Commemorative PCGS MS69
2. 1988 $5 Gold Proof Olympic Raw but looks a cinch PR69
3. A starter collection of buffalo nickels

Winners will be determined from whoever comes closest to predicting the closing bid price of gold on 12-31-04 9 pm CST as listed by Kitco. Tie breaker if needed, is the closing price of silver at the same time. Entry deadline is 12-24-04 midnight CST. Please submit both gold and silver predictions.

Winners for the first three items will receive their prizes from me and will be shipped via USPS first class insured mail.

If others would like to add to the prize list and are willing to mail their prize(s) to the winners, please let me know via Private Message. I will add it to the prize list in the order received. This will very likely result in the "value" of the prizes being out of order but that will add to the fun of the contest. Thanks in advance for participating.

Winners please send a PM with your mailing address.

Comments

• Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to the winners! For once my prediction was within reason! image
  • Options
    Thank you for the great giveaway!
    J.C.
    *******************************************************************************

imageimageSee ya on the other side, Dudes. image
  • Options
    SNMANSNMAN Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭
    Happy New Year and thank you for supporting our troops.

Positive Transactions with: justindan; Drunner; Segoja, Dragon, fivecents, Connecticoin, WTCG, gsa1fan, abitofthisabitofthat; commoncents05;Broadstruck; and ......more
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, what a generous giveaway! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice giveaway, the Cycling dollar is a great coin.
  • Options
    God bless our troops in 05.
  • Options
    PM sent. Happy New Year!image
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won!! What a great way to start the new year. Thanks onlybuffalos for a great contest and an awesome prize!image The 1995 cycling dollar that I won has an uncirculated mintage of a little over 19,000 and is a major sleeper.imo
    While signing up at www.OperationMilitaryPride.org it amazed me the list of basic items our military personal needs. I am going to be sending care packages of basic hygene products , snacks and ect.
    Thanks again only buffalos.imageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file