Home U.S. Coin Forum

I think my Ebay buyer died or something

I sold 5 2003 Mint jefferson Nickel rolls back in early Nov. The guy paid via Paypal quickly and I mailed the coins off the next day. Anyway I get the coins returned to me early this week with a "return to sender" "moved left no forwarding address". So I email the guy and check his ebay account, the address was correct and all of his fairly active ebay activity ended (from feedback) right after he got the coins from me. What should I do? I guess keep emailing him but I wonder for how long.

Comments

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian,

I would suggest you try "contact the buyer" info and give a call to the phone # listed.

Good luck

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• TUMUSSTUMUSS Posts: 2,207
    I guess keep them till he contacts you...Or send them to meimage
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭
    I moved to Massachusetts. Sorry I didn't let you know earlier. I'll PM my new mailing address asap. image

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I moved to Massachusetts. Sorry I didn't let you know earlier. I'll PM my new mailing address asap. image >>

Is this for real ? These boards can solve all kinds of weird problems if this is true.

I'm still chuckling about this...image

Ken
  • You don't own them any longer. I'd make sure I tried evrything then wait about a year before I felt they were mine again.
  • Shamika - If you are really the buyer of these from my old friend clackamas, then these forums ARE truly wierd! Hope is all works out for both of you.

Massachusetts, eh? I spent 4 years in Amherst at UMASS (aka "ZooMASS") getting my PhD in Finance and loved every minute of it! I'm not too fond of Boston, but I love western Mass.

Happy New Year!!

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!

• << <i>You don't own them any longer. I'd make sure I tried evrything then wait about a year before I felt they were mine again. >>

You are correct, I do not own them. How far should I go? I have emailed him multiple times. I have 50 or so sets so I guess I will always keep 5 in reserve, at least a year? BTW - I am sure that some of the posts were in jest, i.e. "I moved to MA". image
  • Shamika is a real cut up!! image

• << <i>I would suggest you try "contact the buyer" info and give a call to the phone # listed >>

Bochiman's advice seems like the best starting point- if you haven't yet done that, why not?
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    clackamas,

I just recently had the same thing happen. A lady purchased a PCGS 53-s franklin Half from me back in early Nov. She sent a cashiers check like the next day, as I had it quick. I mailed her the coin, but never herd anything from her (which sometimes people just dont respond). After reviewing all my postal tracking numbers, I noticed that the package was never picked up and it had been approxamately 3 weeks since it was attemted to be delivered. I e-mailed her mentioning this but no repsonse. Then about two weeks later it gets returned to me stating "not picked up" For several weeks I tried to get in touch with her with no luck, even tried the e-bay system, again no luck. Well I did some investigating on my own and used the address and got hold of a phone number and finally located someone in her family that confirmed the address, so I mailed it again. I have not herd back, so I assume she has it now?

jim
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭
    Man, you guys must have started drinking early or something. image

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • KoinlinkKoinlink Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

I guess you could exhaust all avenues of contact & then refund the PayPal to him. That way he can't come back & claim he paid you and
    you never sent the items.
  • Yes, use the eBay contact Buyer, get phone number and call. I would just consider them sold, and hold them until you hear from her - A year sounds good.

Happy New Year everyone.

• pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355

<< <i>I guess you could exhaust all avenues of contact & then refund the PayPal to him. That way he can't come back & claim he paid you and
    you never sent the items. >>

At first I was mildly amused. "Buyer died or something" was funny. But, what if? "All avenues of contact"? What, a medium? "That way he can't come back." Are you thinking he might? Oh lordy, now the forum is haunted!
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file