Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Somebody Should Start Forum To Aid Tsumani Victims

It makes me so sad to see so much death and destruction. If somebody does it, I will donate to it. We just want to make sure it gets to the people who need it. Not in the wrong hands!!! They will never know how many people were killed. It was just a thought and it would be very good public relations for this forum. You have alot of very intelligent and caring people on this forum and also alot of people who would donate. Happy New Years everybody.

eddye

GO STEELERS

Comments

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Go to http://www.thaivisa.com and sign up to the forums. There's plenty of threads for that there.

You can also search for phuket gazette and become a gazeteer for free as well.

Tom

BE ADVISED

A LOT OF ANTI AMERICAN POSTS ON THAIVISA. MOSTLY FROM BRITS, AND OTHER EUROPEANS. I'M STUNNED AND OUTRAGED AS IT IS NOT ONLY APPARENTLY CONDONED BUT ENCOURAGED BY THE OWNERS AND MODERATORS OF THE FORUM.

THOUGHT YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW.

TOMimage
  • Options
    I too grieve for these people. However, President Bush today pledged $350 million for relief efforts, and private contributions are swelling as well.

I figure I will pay just over $87,000 in federal income tax for 2004, so, in a way, I feel that I've already done my part.

I still feel for the victims and their families.

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to do something quickly, this is pretty much the easiest:
    Amazon Amazon is quite familiar with my credit card info, and I didn't have to waste much time typing.

The Red Cross also takes credit cards on their website, plus there are lots of listings to be found (ie. for UNICEF) that can be done quickly.

I like the idea of fund raisers and auctions (Boom and MadMarty come to mind), and like to support them, but in this case, I feel the need for speed.

I called my mother and asked her to give my birthday present money this year to either the Red Cross or UNICEF right now. Normally she doesn't like the idea of an early present, but she didn't mind this year.

• Options
    Try the UNICEF web site for donations. They were there before the tragedy and they are well known for not wasting donations.
    Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment. Full effort is full victory. -Gandhi
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    TTT
  • Options

Wife and I both made cash donations. Maybe I inspired Marty to do his ebay auction. WTG Marty!! I posted this on the 31st hoping somebody would do something. Mike was telling me how much he paid in taxes . Who cares!!!!!!! You either donate or you don't donate. Don't try to impress me with how much money you had to pay in taxes. And I was aware of the different forums to donate. I just thought it would be good PR for a great cause. I won't post anymore!

eddye

GO STEELERS
  • Options
    Bad deal for those people.

Why dont we help at home first ?

Flame away if you like.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel for the people out there but I agree with some others.....
    There is a lot of international aid already being done for the victims and right now it is organizational problems that seem to be the largest problems to overcome. (the affected countries' politicians/people aren't doing what needs to be done to get the items into the right hands, oepning roads, etc).

There are a lot of people close to home that need help. Many on the boards don't even see them because it isn't on the news. People w/o jobs, whole families w/o homes, children starving, etc. When the Florida hurricanes hit, how many international outcries of help were there? Plenty of people on this board did help though and that was cool.

Feel free to flame on me as well but my help will be to those close to home at the present time (winter, people hungry, people without the right winter clothing or a place to sleep, families who struggle for food, etc).

Each person to help who/where they want and not feel obligated due to pressure. Eddye, it is cool that you want to help others. Rock on. Don't get down on others who contribute in other ways or don't follow the way you think though. People do what they can and what they feel comfortable with.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out this Thread.
    ############### EARTHQUAKE/TSUNAMI RELIEF AUCTION ###############
    or just clik on this link.
    Link

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file