Home U.S. Coin Forum

Man, I need to get this guys price guide

Comments

• That is some serious crack he is smoking. image
  • I just sent him and e-mail with the following:

What price guide did you use to determine the values of your Proof American Eagles??? The 1986 to 1992 & 96 to 2004 are worth about $35- $50 bucks each, the 1993-1995 are worth a little over $200 each and the 1995- W if you have it is worth around 3,000. So the total set is worth about $4,500 not $63,000 as you have quoted. Not trying to bust your chops, just trying to provide some accurate info for you. Good Luck!
  • Since when were the Shop-At-Home guys from Whethersfield, Connecticut? image
    I collect the elements on the periodic table, and some coins. I have a complete Roosevelt set, and am putting together a set of coins from 1880.
  • Maybe i ought to sell me pr69dcam set. image
    If you can read this, your too close.

A DAMMIT BOY from Jonesy 1/25/05

Lieutenant, Covert Operations
    Subcommittee

my first POTD award 7/16/05
    the cat ate my blue fish.
  • stev32kstev32k Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭
    If you get an answer to your email I would be interested in reading it. I may have sold some eagles way too cheap. image
    Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard drive?
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    The reserve fee alone on that auction is $200!!!image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭
    Maybe he never graduated high school? Or attended for that matter?
  • foodudefoodude Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭
    I noticed this is the first time he/she is a seller (i.e., for all the other transactions he was the buyer).
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.

• He must be a politician!!!!!!!!! Or maybe he's the CEO of some large pharmaceutical company. Happy New Years everybody.

eddye

GO STEELERS
  • Drug addict
  • BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    Maybe in the year 2105?

?image
  • Don't forget the extra 2.9% he wants to cover his Paypal fees.
  • dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭
    Don't report it for the illegal paypal fees, let it run out and make him pay the reserve cost!
  • Interesting, (or not), I just went to the PCGS Collectors Club site to see if these are what they give out for gold or platinum membership (isn't that where I got one-I sure wouldn't buy one), and the gold level does not list 4 free submissions anymore. Platinum is still eight, but no mention of any at gold. Probably just a mistake, but anyway, aren't these what they give out?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

I see this guy has revised his price somewhat - from $15,000 to $1,000. I suspect he received more than one email questioning his price.
  • Same set,slabbed MS69, coin vault $895.00
    Actually not the same. The ebay set is all proofs.
  • His response:

Dear kryptonitecomics,

You asked:
    "What price guide did you use to determine the values of your Proof American Eagles??? The 1986 to 1992 & 96 to 2004 are worth about $35- $50 bucks each, the 1993-1995 are worth a little over $200 each and the 1995- W if you have it is worth around 3,000. So the total set is worth about $4,500 not $63,000 as you have quoted. Not trying to bust your chops, just trying to provide some accurate info for you. Good Luck!"

There on bid4assets.com Make me an offer.

My response:

Ok......I'll give you $8.00 bucks for each silver round for a total of $152 ????

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file