Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Do you get upset or just have to laugh..........?

Sent in a set for Pedigree, Took about 45 days. Then upon opening, and scannig. I realized that I don't usally use a small "d" as a middle initial. I guess its back again to PCGS for reholdering a third time (Maybe 4th as some were crack outs and upgrades. And yes they got the cert's back and the pops are corrected.)

Anyone have this happen before? I checked the instructions written and they seem to be pretty clear and concise, they did consecutivly number as instructed.

Just thought it was kind of funny..............except for having to pay shipping both ways a second time around and worrying about damage to my coins.

Comments

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like some one at PCGS should of remembered their grade school English class. Proper names alway's capitalize the first letter to include abreviations. Even I still know that rule even though I was about the lowest grade in that class short of failing. And yes back then they failed the ones that didn't merit promotion to the next grade.
  • Options
    ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭
    It happens.

Writing the pedigree instructions as clearly as you can on the submission form is a good idea, but I found that the accuracy rate went way up when I started including a scan of a photoshopped holder with the pedigree written exactly as I want it to look.

Hey, it can't hurt -
  • Options
    I can't believe that one!! Geez!! They should pay postage!! image
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like just a typo. They should make good on it...unless you filled out the submission form incorrectly !
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases