Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Shopping networks and colletibles...

While flipping through the channels last night i stopped on one of the Shopping networks selling Coins, I have a few coins and wanted to see what thier prices were for a 2005 silver eagle. Wow!! Those guys are really horse whippin somebody with thier prices !!!
I can also remember a few years ago cards being sold at outrageous prices on the shopping networks, Who in the world buys stuff from these crooks?????

Comments

• Options
    Granparents , friends they just want to get the collector a nice item. And they trust these scam artist.

James
    x
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    I used to see those guys on the home shopping network...some italian guy i think....and he would always have some pencil-neck sounding dude on the phone saying.....THIS IS A STEAL...THESE ARE SO HOT...and it would be GEM 10 1990 Donruss Barry Bonds cards or something. What a bunch of crapola..... i feel sorry for the grandma's around the world spending there entire social security check so that little jimmy could have some cards from grandma for christmas......what a horrible thing. Are those guys in Jail?? Where do they live??? Anybody know???

Loth

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    If you take the price of what they sell it for and divide by two then it gets pretty close to the actual price of the junk they sell. Example: last nite they were selling the 2005 silver eagles for 19:95 you can get them on E-bay for 9:95 or from the mint I beleive for a few dollars more, But to charge someone double the going price is ridicoulous.