Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Magnification or Computer scan ?

Since my submissions have never resulted in any psa 10's and few 9's I was thinking of buying a magnifying tool to check the cards before I send them in. Would it be better to do this or simply scan the cards in my computer and magnify the scan?

Comments

• Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Must have a 10x loupe. The scan, even at high resolution, will not give you the same view that the graders have when they use a loupe.

www.peakoptics.com --> Scale Loupes --> 1983 --> 1983-STD

Best $88 you'll ever spend, you can measure the centering with it also. Same one the graders use.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    A loupe is a necessity - I actually use a cheap $12 loupe I picked up at a card show a few years ago. Amazing to look at your card under that, especially the corners. The loupe mentioned above is an even better choice.
  • Options
    here's the ticket, you'll find it at staples and its invaluable.
  • Options
    whoops, I couldn't get the file to attach, but go to the Staples website and look under lamps/lighting and you'll find an illumination magnifying lamp, different models, they work great and are invaluable. I use mine every night, easy to use and gives great detail of cards.
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    thanks fellas you have some great info, i will be looking into a loupe asap...thanx