Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What???

I noticed this auction..and bidding is done...
it's a 1983 Topps Rod Carew AS card
The seller has pointed out that it is a wrongback (which I dont have an 83 set to compare) and states that the Babe Ruth story is incorrect.
Now the bidding ended at 34.00!! Yes, that is right....$34 and it didnt even meet reserve!!!
I am thinking this is the correct back of this card....can someone take a look cuz I would have no idea what the back of that card would go to.
1983 Topps Carew AS

Comments

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    Virtualizard has a PSA 9 on auction now.. maybe he can tell us what the back of his looks like..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Wrong backs usually carry a minor premium for oddball collectors. They are not gradeable.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wrong backs usually carry a minor premium for oddball collectors. They are not gradeable. >>

yeah, but this one actually says #386 on the back, and #386 is the correct card for Rod Carew, so I dont think it is an error at all. Thats why i'm curious to see what Jeb's PSA 9 looks like..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Perry, thanks for letting me know that I had something valuable! imageimageimageimage

I looked at the auction scan in question for a while, trying to find anything different, but I can't find it. This is the standard card back for the 1983 Topps card #386. The seller is either trying to scam someone, or is so naive that they think they have something rare because it says "Rod Carew" on the front and "Babe Ruth" on the back! Here is my auction:

1983 Topps #386 Rod Carew AS

Here is a scan of the back:

JEB.

• Options
    Hell, if the horribly off centered, diamond cut raw card on ebay did not meet the reserve at $34.00, what is my PSA 9 worth??? image

Maybe I should pull the auction and try to trade it for a '52 Topps Mantle!

JEB.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hell, if the horribly off centered, diamond cut raw card on ebay did not meet the reserve at $34.00, what is my PSA 9 worth??? image

Maybe I should pull the auction and try to trade it for a '52 Topps Mantle!

JEB. >>

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

So, you think I'm funny? You wish you could afford a card of this caliber!!! imageimage

JEB.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    That's it! I'm going out and buying up ALL the 1983 Topps Rod Carew All Stars...no one realizes they sell for big big money! I'll even let them go at 30 clams a piece! haha! image
  • Options

<< <i>That's it! I'm going out and buying up ALL the 1983 Topps Rod Carew All Stars... >>

Barry,

I'll end my auction and sell to you for $100 if you're interested. Considering the rarity of this card, I'm sure this would be a great deal! image

JEB.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Wow..that is a great offer but I think I have to pass! Christmas was very expensive this year and dont have the money to treat myself....I'll watch your auction and drool...lucky is that winner of such a rare card! image