Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Error coin trade

Hi all, does anyone have any US error coins that they are wanting to sell/trade??? Please PM if interested.. Thanks! Andy
Andy

Comments

• Options
    I have some clips if your interested....

Willing to trade or sell whichever you prefer.

-Greg U
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

E-mail GRU Coins
  • Options
    Hi, can you advise what you have if it is not too much trouble.. Thanks! Andy
    Andy
  • Options
    If you want a detailed list shoot me a p.m. or e-mail....

I know I have cents, nickels, dimes, and qtrs. with clips.... (all within the last 20-30 years)

I also have 2 wartime nickels with clips.... I heard those were pretty rare....

I really don't deal with errors to much but I picked up a whole lot a ways back....

I know I have a few OC's and stuff along those lines.

I also have a 2004 Rotated Die cent (they were so called impossible).... lol

Let me know.

-Greg Ullstam
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

E-mail GRU Coins
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I also have 2 wartime nickels with clips.... I heard those were pretty rare....
    I also have a 2004 Rotated Die cent (they were so called impossible).... lol
    Let me know.-Greg Ullstam >>

Greg,

Do your war nickels show the Blakesley Effect?

On your 2004 Roosie, what degrees is it rotated?
  • Options
    sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭
    A little off topic but...

How do you know what an error is worth?

I have several errors that I have accumulated over the years (from bags and rolls) and I put them aside figuring they were not worth my time or consideration.

One example that comes to mind is a 1963 Quarter that was clipped under the date. I would guess it to be a 5% clip with the top of the date visible and the Blakesley effect noticeable on the E in LIBERTY. The reverse has the "TES O" showing about half the detail and the "ER" in QUARTER showing the Blakesley effect.

The coin itself I would guess to be MS64.

Is this worth any more than silver melt? Is it worth enough to slab?

I can get images later if anyone is interested in what it looks like.
  • Options
    Only error I have is a Broadstruck dime I found in a roll of nickels a while back.

Not really sure what it is even worth. IF anything.

I would be willing to sell or trade it though. If you want more details on it just PM me.

jeff
    I collect bits and pieces of everything
    or should I say I ACCUMULATE!
    I also dabble with the darkside image

Ive recently gotten more into currency, especially modern star notes