Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

It's pretty much the same ole' story

First of all, let me say hello to everyone-I have been a silent listener for over a year. Second, let me thank many of you knowledgeable people who have helped me to assemble a nice set of Hank Aaron cards. I watched him play here in Atlanta, and he is what makes up the majority of my card collection. I think my story will have something for everyone, if it’s not too boring to get through. Anyway, here it goes. I started collecting cards because I collect anything with Hank’s picture on it. I actually had a good start on the Master set before it was ever listed. I did not request that set, but I have added several dozen cards to it along the way. I could not compete with many of you on the Aaron Basic set mostly because of the financial impact. My plan was sheer volume on the Master. I am about 86% complete, but I am also looking to bring my GPA up as funds permit. I have purchased raw cards and had them graded, and I have also purchased cards already in the holder-probably from several of you. I have also crossed many cards over. I never really considered myself a “card guy”, but I am totally immersed in the hobby. I had the same pitfalls as many. My first few transactions were a complete nightmare. It’s ashame that some vendors mistake unlimited passion for the hobby as an unlimited budget. I have a small shop and I understand profit, but I was almost run out of this early on by a few “small” people. You can shave a sheep a thousand times, but you can only skin it once. This board has been a tremendous help with my set as well as interesting topics to read on the other sets that are out there. I realize that I am a rookie…but here it goes anyway-respectfully. heh. I joined the forum just so I could do that. Thanks again and Happy New Year!
Always interested in Hank Aaron items-currently buying Aaron OPC singles or lots-graded or raw.

Comments

• Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    Welcome to the boards Coach!
    As a ten-year-old, (1975) it was my goal in life to get Hank Aaron's autograph. Hank came back to the American Leaugue that year with Milwaukee. I grew up in Detroit, and we went to the Tigers/Brewers game on the 4th of July. My Dad got us there when the gates opened, (he's a patient man) and I spotted number 44 shagging flies. I watched him like a hawk, and got his autograph as he was coming off the field. I was in heaven. Still have it today.
    Jim
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Welcome to the boards. Also, remember that the correct saying is "heh©".
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I realize that I am a rookie…but here it goes anyway-respectfully. heh. I joined the forum just so I could do that. >>

hah..

PS - Welcome to the boards
    ·p_A·