Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1985 Topps, Marino and Montana BGS 9 MINT!!!

I would like to Cross these over to a PSA grade...I honestly think they have good potential of PSA 10, and a 94 SP Marshall Faulk BGS 9...Their Subgrades are:

1985 Topps Dan Marino BGS 9 (9/9/9/9.5)
1985 Topps Joe Montana BGS 9 (8.5/9/9/9)
1995 SP Marshall Faulk BGS 9 (9.5/8.5/9/9)

And how much would this cost to crossover, I am not familiar with PSA...

Thanks...

Appriciated...

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Isn't it funny how some people think that Beckett grading 9's are somehow candidates for PSA 10's? image

But, you have to be a PSA member to submit these, and it's $5 for crossover grading.
  • Options
    I'd leave the cards right where they are. A 10 means what it is, a 10!
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    THE ANSWER IS...................................

THE ANSWER IS!!!!.............................

4????????

..........................right.........................

GOD BLESS YOU Mr. DANGERFIELD
  • Options
    rhymer, if you are not familiar with PSA, why would you want to crossover the cards to PSA holders?
  • Options
    Well a PSA 10 Dan Marino sold on ebay for $1400, and a BGS 9 only sells fora bout $75-80...hmmmmm
  • Options
    hmmmmm...a PSA 9 didn't even get a bid at 29.95, which is a 50% chance of what you would get back. a 40% chance that it would "fall short" and be rejected for evid of trim, 9% that it would go to an 8. that leaves you a 1% chance that psa graders are softer than beckett. i don't even see bgs 9s selling for that much more than psa, or else you just overpaid. there was a reason that psa 10 sold for 1400, if what you have are on that level, wouldn't they already be in psa holders?

9=MINT (psa & bgs)
    9.5=GEM MINT (bgs)
    10=GEM MINT (psa)
    BGS 9=PSA 10 (not a chance)
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Book
    I honestly think the chances of you getting a PSA 10 from a BGS 9 are very, very, very, very slim IMO.

But on the positive side....Happy New Year!

your friend
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    lol...happy new year to you too...thanks...

Actually I had these grades myself...and I know someone that had a BGS 8 to a PSA 10, or was it a 8.5, one of them...
  • Options
    Actually I had these grades myself...and I know someone that had a BGS 8 to a PSA 10, or was it a 8.5, one of them...

I would say this is an extremely rare case. Although I did have a card pregrade a GAI 7 grade a PSA 9. That again is a very rare case. For the most part a BGS 9 will come back a PSA 9. if it is not evid trimmed.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i> For the most part a BGS 9 will come back a PSA 9. if it is not evid trimmed. >>

Exactly - if you are lucky. Be very careful trying to cross BGS graded cards, you'll find the "evid of trimming" quite often.
  • Options
    How recently were the cards graded by Beckett? My understanding is that BGS is not quite as strict as they were just a couple of years ago, so if they have been slabbed for a while, you might try cracking them out and resubmitting to BGS in hopes of getting 9.5s. Going this route you would be much less vulnerable to having them rejected due to trimming.
  • Options
    There were graded about a year ago
  • Options
    I remember about 4-5 years ago, I had a '94 Upper Deck Next Generation Alex Rodriguez RC that I bought in a BGS 8.5 holder. They killed the card because of the surface, so I figured I had a shot at a PSA 9. I cracked it and sent it to PSA.

It came back ungraded because of evidence of being trimmed. That sucked.

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?