Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1967 Canadian Centenial Presentation Set

I was given this by a Canadian Cousin who knows I collect coins.

This is an unopened box, with a large black "S" and the Tape says "Royal Canadian Mint" repeatedly (it is not in front of me, so I am not sure.

Is there any premium for the un-opened box the way there seems to be for US mint/proof products?

I see the Gold set on ebay in the 200-240USD range, but could not find ths set, I'm guessing 18-25 (USD)? Any knowledge?

Thanks

A witty saying proves nothing- Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor

does the truth become error because nobody will see it. -Mohandas K. Gandhi (1869-1948)

Comments

• Options
    I don't think there is a special premium for unopened sets - I would open it and look because this set tones quite nicely in the case so it might have some unexpected colors - this is a nice set with animals as the focus.

Shep
  • Options
    I love this toned set of yours shep. image
    Dimitri

DPOTD-1
  • Options
    Beautiful set, Shep! image Animals and toned Canadian coins all in one...what more could one ask for? On second thought, don't answer that! imageimage

• Options
    bosoxbosox Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see that mine is the only set that got dark in the box! imageimage
    Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Glad to see that mine is the only set that got dark in the box! imageimage >>

You'd be the only one if your set DIDN'T tone in the box.
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭
    Ooh, I'm not a darksider, but I like the look of this set. Where could I purchase one of the gold sets?
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ooh, I'm not a darksider, but I like the look of this set. Where could I purchase one of the gold sets? >>

Check Gatewest Coin.
    Obscurum per obscurius