Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question for Canadian Card collectors re: Insurance

Since my collection is getting up there in value, I know have to have it insured! Is there a special
insurance company for this or do I simply put them under the House insurance?

The reason I ask is that our Insurance guy said that I have too have my cards appraised first by
an outsider which is really a hassle and will cost some dollars.........I find this absurd as I know the
Value of these cards............do you people have any suggestions or did you also have to go through
the same Avenue?

From Calgary

Comments

• Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    I live in Edmonton. My car/house insurance company (ING) just told me to make sure I have good pictures of the cards and that's all that is needed since there's price guides showing the value of each card. If say all my cards burnt up in a fire from my understanding they'll just give me high beckett value for them but the girl I dealt with is probably mistaken but I took her word for it. I took high resolution scans of my valuable cards.. stored them on a sony usb memory vault and stuck it in a firebox.
  • Options
    Your typical home owner policy will allow an additional rider, usually up to $10,000, for your collectibles, providing you have some listing or appriasal for them. My insurance company was satisified with a detailed spreadsheet that I keep with all the prices, cert numbers etc......

there are a couple of companies that specialize in this type of insurance, perhaps a google search will help you, but I know they were US based.
    The first person in the PSA universe to complete the 1969 OPC
    Hockey set! Always looking to buy, trade or upgrade 1966 Topps to 1969 OPC.