Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Resubmission of coins - not straight

I was looking at a Mercury Dime at a local shop that was graded by PCGS. I noticed the reverse "the long post or stem that should be straight up and down" was off on a 25 degree angle. I assume it was pressed into the holder that way. If I were to resubmit it with the intention of simply wanting the coin to be straight in the holder.......would the folks at PCGS do that for me without upgrading or downgrading the coin?? Any thoughts!? Thanks in advance from Mike.

Comments

• Options
    Send it in for reholdering fee $5.00 unless it's a MS70 or PR70 than the reholdering fee is $20.00

Or

Regrade: Use the “Regrade” service for coins previously graded by PCGS that you feel might be worthy of a higher grade.
    Submit the coins in the holder. We guarantee that the coins will not be downgraded.
    (cut and pasted from the PCGS submission center page link)
  • Options
    Thanks again. Now I must just purchase that gem since they will reholder it! Thanks from Mike
  • Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭
    You can also try tapping the side of the coin's holder on a table. Several people on these boards have told of how you can the side on a table and the coin will actually rotate in the holder. Try it to an older/cheap coin. It works. Good luck! Ray
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, if you like it, buy it. Try the tapping against your palm routine prior to sending in for a reslab.
    That way, you save $$$, don't tie up PCGS' valuable resources that are needed to process others' coins more quickly, and you don't lose your coin for awhile.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike, you might as well submit it for regrade. There is no downside.
    Doug