Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

When to sell?

When does the holiday slump on coins usually end?

I have several coins that I am waiting to put on eBay and I don't want to list them until the market rebounds from the holiday slump (I have heard that auctioned coins usually do poorly during the December holidays).

Any help is appreciated.

Sumdunce

Comments

• Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whatcha sellin'?
    Doug
  • Options
    sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭
    PCGS graded coins that are either duplicates of what I have in my collection or odds and ends that do not fit in what I am currently collecting.

If you want more specific let me know.

• Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Questions generally needed answered, before an answer is rendered:

What series of coins
    What general grade of coins

Are coins Graded by a TPG Service
    and if so, which one(s).
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    March-May is usually good. Right after people get there tax returns is generally better than average for the $20-$500 coins. The buyers for the coins above that are often times paying in taxes instead of getting money back. image

David
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spring is what I was thinking....the hard part on that is if it is moderns...then you are risking the pops going up and prices coming down more than they are currently at.
    I have some dupes from my birthyear set now as I have upgraded and that is my dilemma.
    People like Russ, Don, and Marty are constantly upping the pops on me (and Clackamas now too). The only grace is that a lot of what they are doing is going to NGC now so the PCGS pops won't go up much more for awhile (and, there is a 2-3 month turnaround now anyway image ).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    I will hold them until March.

Most of them are moderns (I have been building my 60's, 70's, and 80's mints sets) but some are early wheaties, FBL franklins, etc...

I would guess nothing I have to sell would go for more than a few hundred.

• Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Any fb Roosies in the group?
  • Options
    No FB roosevelts that I am aware of, but I have not looked in quite a while.
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    When you don't LOVE them anymore or you need the money. I think serious collecting should be a long-term comittment. Maybe as I approach retirement age, will I consider...I hope no sooner!!