Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

80's Boxes - Anything Worth Buying?

I've been having an itch to buy some unopened product, but really want to buy some stuff from the 80s.

Is there really anything worth buying and opening from an investment standpoint? 85 fleer and donruss seem to be at the top of the list from what I've looked over, but is anything really worth buying due to the massive overproduction?

I'll be going through BBCexchange...been very helpful in my queries so far, and the site shows some very deep inventory.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    i dont know what year in peticular your looking for, but i have some late 80's lke 88-89 stuff. all packs are factory sealed, the factory sealing on the boxes might not be there on al of them.
    my trade site
    refs:
    chayne2
    threebearfan
    cardnyou
    baljitgill
    lilgotz1
    qtisco
    co1lector
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Axtell - I recommend '81 Fleer and Donruss as providing the best bang for your buck.

You can often find unopened boxes for around a dollar a pack. Both sets included multiple cards of many superstars, and there is some value to the error vs. corrected card issues. Production on these was far less than on later years, and although production quality leaves a lot to be desired, pulling PSA 9s and 10s is not unrealistic (as long as yours came from a well-centered run).

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.