Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Richard Green opens Kennedy Sets

Did anyone else notice...what a great set.

70 out of the 75 coins are "finest known".

Thanks Richard for opening it for our viewing pleasure. image

Ron

Comments

• Options
    It was open earlier this year, then he closed it and I guess he has it reopened. Nice set.
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Richard has been a consummate registry collector since its inception and regarded with the utmost respect. Check out his "other registry sets". Richard:image
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    The fact that he made it in to the HOF with a moderns set has to be giving fits to a certain faction around here. That thought brings a smile to my face. image

He is a world class collector who is constantly hunting lateral upgrades to improve his set. BIG image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like Russ says he's first class. Has helped me improve my set. BTW not sure how it happened but I got up to number eight with his and a few other forum menbers help. image
  • Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    Richard's a top flight person. He's always willing to help another person(even the "little people, like me) and share information. HIs coins are truly first class! I've seen some other first place sets' coins and they would not make the grade if re-sumbitted. I've bought some 70DCAM Kennedys and returned them. If re-submitted, I bet some of them would only make 68DCAM, at best! That's why I have only 6 70 DCAMs in my Kennedy set. I've bought a couple of Richard's "spares", and I think they are either PQ or undergraded. He's always looking to improve on his set. He's got my vote if PCGS would start a "fan's favorite" collector like NASCAR does. Thanks Richard! Ray
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ray: First - I didn't know Richard collected PR70DC Kennedys - makes sense though.

Second - your comment concerning the PR70 Kennedys (while I certainly do not question your integrity behind the statement) flys in the face of just about everything I have ever seen in the Kennedy series (and I have seen ONE TO TWO HUNDRED of them this year alone). I have at least (20) misc. PR70DC Kennedys available for sale right now - one nicer than the next. I can assure you that you would have -0- problem locating outstanding examples if you wanted them. image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>your comment concerning the PR70 Kennedys (while I certainly do not question your integrity behind the statement) flys in the face of just about everything I have ever seen in the Kennedy series >>

His comment is dead on, and you know it. There are plenty of PR70DCAM Kennedy Halves floating around that would NOT re-grade PR70 today. To deny it means either a) You haven't looked all that closely at some of the earlier graded material, or b) You have an agenda.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Sure Russ - the majority of PR70DC Kennedys would regrade PR68DC, as the comment mentioned.

Funny, I didn't read the original comment as referring to only "old" 70's (no mention at all actually unless I misread it). I guess my personal experience involving hundreds of PR70DC coins I have seen this year is irrelevant, because you knew he was talking about only old 70's. I get it now.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>Sure Russ - the majority of PR70DC Kennedys would regrade PR68DC, as the comment mentioned. >>

Nice try, bunky.

<< <i>I bet some of them would only make 68DCAM >>

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Mr. Green on a set that would be impossible to beat. Back when I completed a Mint State set (in the top five) is was Richard that helped me locate some of the real toughies. He is a gentleman and the epitome of the true collector and Registry participant as he'll pass on a "better" coin (read: higher insert) for the one that not only truly makes the grade, but exceeds it.

On an unrelated Thread note: Mitch- why do you allow yourself to be baited like that? You know better.

peacockcoins

• Options
    "68DCAM, at best"

Sorry Russ - if you read the entire sentence, the author actually went a step futher and suggested some might grade LESS than PR68DC.

Pat - You are correct. I am finished on this subject.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    Richard, glad you opened up your set for everyone to enjoy it is truely an amazing accomplishment. image

You are a first class act and always willing to help others.

Next series to garner your attention? image

Best of luck in the New Year.

Dave
    Love those toned Washingtons
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry guys but they don't give CAM or DCAM to the really hard ones he collects. His regular strikes set is great, more top pops than anybody.
  • Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    Take a look Mitch. I didn't state that Richard collected 70DCAMs. Richard only collects MS Kennedy half dollars. His is the finest of the finest in the MS Kennedy series. I was just stating that I have seen other top regitry sets' coins and they would not regrade at their 70DCAM grade if resubmitted. The 70DCAMS I've returned number approximately 10. I'm not a big collector and don't see hundreds of 70DCAM Kennedys. Several of these coins came from a prior #1 proof Kenedy set. I forgot which set right now. They had BAD haze/toning and spots!!! I've seen a few 69DCAMs with a small bit of haze or tone, BUT, these are VERY "tarnished" by the haze/toning/spots! Like I said, they would make 68DCAM at BEST!!! And I meant that! Granted this is only a SMALL fraction of 70DCAMs, BUT, it IS my reality. My goal is to get those 70DCAM Kennedys for under $250. That's why I only have 7 of them. AND, that's probably why I was able to buy those 10 70DCAMs in the first place. Because they didn't look that great in the scans and no one really wanted the coins, only the holders. I was hoping the scans were bad, BUT, it was the COINS that were bad. Ray
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!