Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Jefferson pictures posted

I just uploaded many pictures (more to follow) from my "Jefferson Nickels FS with Varieties, Circulation Strikes (1938-present)".

My focus has been on full strike and full steps. Overall, I am pleased with the coins from 1938 - 1949. The coins from the 50s need some upgrades, but this set has always been work in progress.

Hope you enjoy the pictures!

Frank

Link to my set
(The Corso Collection) Always looking for high quality proof and full step Jeffersons - email me with details

My Jefferson Full Step Variety Set (1938 - Current)

My Jefferson Proof Variety Set (1938 - Current)

Comments

• Options
    error.........image
  • Options
    errorimage
  • Options
    stephunterstephunter Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭
    "The coins from the 50s need some upgrades, but this set has always been work in progress."

Slight understatement. Your set is awsome! Nice work.

• Options
    FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    #1... you're the man!
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
  • Options
    Frank.

Verrrry nice.

Regards, Steve.
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just uploaded many pictures (more to follow) from my "Jefferson Nickels FS with Varieties, Circulation Strikes (1938-present)".

My focus has been on full strike and full steps. Overall, I am pleased with the coins from 1938 - 1949. The coins from the 50s need some upgrades, but this set has always been work in progress.

Frank

Link to my set >>

Frank
    I look forward to seeing your collection someday! I'll send you a PM soon.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    Frank,
    Great set, when my set grows up it wants
    to be like yours......
    Ron

Martin's Collection
  • Options
    badgerbadger Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    Frank, That's a great set and the pics are wonderful. I've been going blind looking for full step nickels. I think I found one. The set represents a lot of time to piece that together,

Could you post close up photos of the varieties? D/D and the Doubled Monticello for example. It would help me tell whether I have one of those or am imaging things.

Again, great achievement.
    Collector of Modern Silver Proofs 1950-1964 -- PCGS Registry as Elite Cameo

Link to 1950 - 1964 Proof Registry Set
    1938 - 1964 Proof Jeffersons w/ Varieties
  • Options
    Great set, Frank. I started my own set as a lark because my Standing Liberties and 3 cent piece collections were getting too good to upgrade often. I had no idea it was going to be hard, or just how hard it was going to be.

Wow, did I ever get kicked between the teeth. Now I know just how incredibly difficult this set is -- and your wonderful your achievement.

My heart-felt congratulations.

Happy new year,

Just Having Fun
    Jefferson nickels, Standing Libs, and US-Philippines rock
  • Options
    Very impressive. I am just starting out with Jeffs and will focus first on 65FS+ war nicks. Your set is an inspiration. Care to comment on how long you have been putting this together? Thanks for sharing!
    Frank

E PLVRIBVS VNVM
  • Options
    WOW Frank,

WOW, and I was thinking it can't get better than this, and you still want to upgrade, I do know this, if any possible upgrades are to be found, you will find them or they will find you because you have the determination, dedication and experianced knowledge that you genorously share with all regarding these Full Step Rarities.

WOW, you go boy

Steve

Eastside
    Promote The Hobby and Make it a Positive Experience for all, Remember That this Hobby Can Be Fun & Profitable & Profit is Always FUN
  • Options
    Thanks for posting those photos!

That is a great set. I know you have worked on it for a long time. It must keep getting harder and harder to find upgrades. If there was a catagory for MS and Proofs together you would have been #1 years ago.
  • Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    I love your photos! It's just stunning to see something like a 62-d or 63-d with full steps like that! I've looked through many rolls and no coin ever looks even close to what yours look like! So cool!

I have a question, did you see the ms66fs 81-p on teletrade? Why didn't you buy it? Just curious since it appears to be a coin you need.
  • Options
    WOW, what great set. I would love to see some more pics. Those ones were fantastic.
    Zach
  • Options
    Outstanding!!!! I have always liked the Jeffs'-----I started collecting them when I was about 8 years old (just yesterday image ). Those are some great photos, too! Would you be willing to share your technique--I have tried taking some photos of my coins using a macro mode with my digital camera, but the pics are about 800KB!! How do you reduce the size of the files without sacrificing quality of resolution?? Thanks, and esp thanks for sharing your GREAT set!!
    RAD
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just uploaded many pictures (more to follow) from my "Jefferson Nickels FS with Varieties, Circulation Strikes (1938-present)".

Frank

Link to my set >>

The pictures do not do justice to Corso's FS Jefferson collection! They're not even close! Frank and I got together for the first time over the weekend in Fort Lauderdale to share each other's collections. The only problem I had with Frank's collection is the fact that I did not have one single coin that I could compare with his coins. The problem with Frank is that he's building a matched set of high grade coins, all with the same strong strike, light gold, lustrous eye appeal. I guess this is what happens when a guy dedicates 30 years of his life with building this kind of collection. His 1960 MS66FS shares the same high qualities as his MS67FS 1941-D! If any of you Jefferson collectors had any doubts about his MS67FS 1941-S and 1942 T1, they are very impressive, equal in the highest standards of quality and eye appeal.
    Frank does have a lot of work to do with several coins in the early 1950's and 1960's, but completing a set of this calibur will take some time but is very important, not to just Frank but it should mean something to all of you! This is not a collection of mixed eye appealing coins! It's not a mixture of white, brilliant, toned, strikes etc or whatever ends up in a high grade slab, it's a matched set and IMO, that's the toughest way, the highest standard to achieve in building a collection of modern date coins! A matched set of colorful toned modern coins would follow or equal this set!
    Words like spectacular, sensational, dazzling, dramatic, stunning can easily be applied to describing the quality of Frank's collection. But what needs to be done here is for others to help Frank complete this set!
    I imagine JHF stands to have an equal quality in standards with building his set if he's assembling a matched set, I don't know yet! His collection may be just as impressive as Frank's collection but I do have a former top registry collector's personal account when he saw Frank's collection.
    All of the above is just my honest opinion for whatever it's worth. Frank, it was great meeting you and seeing your collection, hopefully will do it again soon.
    And Frank, on a side note, I did have some success at the show.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    Thanks to all for your comments!

Could you post close up photos of the varieties? D/D and the Doubled Monticello for example. It would help me tell whether I have one of those or am imaging things.

Badger:

Sorry the camera I have does not take macro shots. I would suggest getting the Cherrypicker's Guide for some good close ups. If you don't have it send me your email address I may be able to help.

Care to comment on how long you have been putting this together? Thanks for sharing!

Frank:

I have been collecting only Jeffersons for 25+ years on and off.

have a question, did you see the ms66fs 81-p on teletrade? Why didn't you buy it? Just curious since it appears to be a coin you need.

haletj:

I did see the 81P on Teletrade but the reserve was too high in my opinion for the current pop, so I passed on it. If the coin is still for sale I'm interested at a lower price.

Those are some great photos, too! Would you be willing to share your technique--I have tried taking some photos of my coins using a macro mode with my digital camera, but the pics are about 800KB!! How do you reduce the size of the files without sacrificing quality of resolution??

RAD:

I appreciate your comments on the pictures but consider myself a novice in this area. I utilize Paint shop pro. I use the image resize function to set the size of the photo and then when saving use file export - Jpeg optimizer. This reduces the size for me from 2meg down to 50KB. hope this helps.

Leo:

It was nice meeting you at FUN! I will get those two coins to PCGS later this week!

Frank

(The Corso Collection) Always looking for high quality proof and full step Jeffersons - email me with details

My Jefferson Full Step Variety Set (1938 - Current)

My Jefferson Proof Variety Set (1938 - Current)