Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?

I just looked at my sets. I went from 5th finest all time to 1st in the proof roosies with varieties and up to 5th finest all time in proof roosies without varieties. Why were thosae top all time sets deleted? Can someone explain? Is this happening in other categories?

Comments

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know, but congrats on having the number 1 set!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    It looks like the 2004 issues are no longer optional, but are now required.

I moved back onto the first page of the proof kennedy's... at least until the sets that dropped down add the 2004's. image
  • Options
    I know that the 2004 coins are mandatory now but that does not explain why sets were dropped that were 100% complete and in the all time finest.
  • Options
    hmmmm...image
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y2004K?
    Doug
  • Options
    Its not right. While I aspire to legitimately be number 1 someday, not this way.image
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe there going to the show.
  • Options
    badgerbadger Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    Why did they delete the All Time Finest? Do you remember the rankings?

I have mixed emotions on the deletions. It's good to see where your collection is ranked versus previous collections. However, it's a chance to be in the top five.
    Collector of Modern Silver Proofs 1950-1964 -- PCGS Registry as Elite Cameo

Link to 1950 - 1964 Proof Registry Set
    1938 - 1964 Proof Jeffersons w/ Varieties
  • Options
    #1 kreuter
    #2 white fang
    #3 Stokely
  • Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭
    This also happened to the proof Kennedy series.
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• Options
    CasabrownCasabrown Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭
    I agree that there should be someway to retain the all-time finest sets. Perhaps, there should be a Hall of Fame for those sets that achieved the highest percent of their score during the time that they were active.

Casabrown
  • Options
    RELLARELLA Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    I've always thought that retired sets in open series should get some consideration for their status at the time they were retired and not have to slowly fade away as their completion percentage drops year after year. I had thought that perhaps PCGS could add "phantom coins" of new issues, but that seems complicated now that I look at the all-time finest list for MS Lincoln Memorials with varieties: The two complete sets are seemingly "locked in" at the total score they were at when retired and also are still listed at 100% complete...no incomplete set lacking one or more of the "stoppers" will be knocking those two sets down the ladder anytime soon.

RELLA
    Do not fall into the error of the artisan
    who boasts of twenty years experience in his craft
    while in fact he has had only one year of experience...
    twenty times.
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    My retired all time finest MS Roosie clad set dropped from number 1 to dead last. It
    now shows 97% complete lacking only the 04P & D. PC needs to step in and fix this.
    Those Proof sets you spoke of probably did not drop off but are probably at the bottom
    of the list now.

Nick
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Onlyroosies: Simple solution.

You will simply have to unretire and show them who is really boss!image

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!