Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

How to report stolen scans for sale on ebay??

This #$%&^ has stolen scans from my site to sell on ebay, where do I report this? A link would be great. thanksimage
www.LloydWTaylor.com
Vintage Baseball Cards
Sales and Ebay Consignment Service
email
Lloyd_Taylor_Vintage_Cards -- on Ebay

Comments

• Options
    At least he didnt use youre website to host his ...you're picture....link to ebay

THis is a start and there is a link to email. Good luck

James
    x
  • Options
    rugbymarinerugbymarine Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a bid on the '83 Donruss Palmer PSA 9 he has for sale right now. Granted it's a low dollar card (my max bid is less than a dollar), but i should retract, right ?

Part of me wants to let it ride, on the chance that he actually has the card, and I can get it cheap. I noticed his lack of feedback when i bid, but i figured how bad can I get burned on an '83 Donruss psa9, right ?
  • Options
    thanks James, I saved the link, it happens to me all the time.
    www.LloydWTaylor.com
    Vintage Baseball Cards
    email
  • Options

<< <i>thanks James, I saved the link, it happens to me all the time. >>

I have bought hundreds of PSA graded cards on eBay, and never had a problem getting my card. (I have had a problem paying too much for a card, but that's probably my fault.)

Then again, I'd never buy an expensive card from a newbie on eBay. And even with the feedback number, I think it's hard to judge a part-time eBayer when you can't see the item or the price on those feedback comments after 90 days or whatever it is. I have 250 unique user feedback (283 total) at 100% positive, but since I'm not an active eBayer these days, you can only see 2 of the transactions.

I think there's still a concern that someone can build up a high positive feedback rating by selling cheap crap to their friends or whatever, and then go for the kill trying to scam someone on a high dollar item.
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I hope this new eBayer is not a scammer--because I bought a PSA card from him last week. His feedback was at zero then, but it was a card I kept getting outbid for in previous attempts, so I thought I would take a chance and get it for cheap from a newbie who wouldn't draw the normal amount of bids.

I paid with Payal (credit card) for peace of mind. The seller has already left positive feedback and also sent me a USPS tracking number, so he seems legit to me in regards to at least having the cards he describes (but maybe not the same one he pictures).

He does need to learn that stealing scans is a big no-no, but I think he does at least have cards he is offering for sell. I guess I will have to wait and see if the card I receive is the same one as he had scanned in his auction. I kind of doubt it now, but will still be happy to receive an identical same grade card in a PSA slab.

Good luck to all, and hopefully this is a case of a newbie eBayer not realizing his error in judgement regarding the scans he attaches to his auctions.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options

<< <i>thanks James, I saved the link, it happens to me all the time. >>

Lloyd, I suggest you watermark your images oR block out the registration numbers*** either will put a fast stop to it and you will not need to be concerned in the future!

live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!
  • Options
    let's see if the PSA cert # in his auction matches the one you get in the mail, I guess. I like how he spends
    so much time talking about the COINS in his card auctions
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    THE PICTURES ON THIS AUCTION PAGE IS (OR ARE) THE ACTUAL COIN (OR COINS) YOUR GETTING AS ARE EVERY OTHER CARD IN MY AUCTIONS.

hmmmm
    Good for you.
  • Options
    All I can say is WOW!

I've been tracking a number of Venorlandus card auctions from this dealer, some I've never seen on eBay before. My suspicions are that he used to go under the now-NARU ID daytrader433 due to the location and the formatting of the auctions. I purchased several items from daytrader433 and never had an issue. He went NARU a while back for no apparent reason.
  • Options

<< <i>He went NARU a while back for no apparent reason. >>

Isn't that a questionable reputation regardless of the reason? What are the good reasons someone would become Not A Registered User, and then come back with a new ID?

I would question your assumption that these are the same sellers for a couple reasons. One, this newbie seller already stands accused of stealing scans to sell items he may not actually own. Two, the old seller had a feedback of 748 with 99.7% positive, and was an eBay power-seller. Maybe the scan-stealer is also an auction format-stealer. HTML is easy to steal.

I guess I fail to see what series of events would cause this to happen. Then again, I'm not an eBay expert, I'm just an occasional user. Do you think some unusual (and I would say unfortunate) event caused a good seller to have to switch to a questionable account?
  • Options
    I have contacted ebay and all bidders and not one of them has cancelled theirbid???
    www.LloydWTaylor.com
    Vintage Baseball Cards
    email
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    DAYTRADER is not naru........at least the link you show does not say he is, as for LLoyds Aaron it is up to 810.00 dollars...........
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Nice price, I should list it image
    www.LloydWTaylor.com
    Vintage Baseball Cards
    email
  • Options
    "TONS OF HOT ITEMS FOR AUCTION WITH ONE CENT (NO RESERVE) STARTING BIDS "- no kidding.

Have you emailed this person to let them know you are aware it's a stolen scan?
    Collector of T cards and other pre war
  • Options
    yup
    www.LloydWTaylor.com
    Vintage Baseball Cards
    email
  • Options
    rugbymarinerugbymarine Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭
    I also sent him an inquiring (if not slightly threatening) email about his auctions.
  • Options
    Akbar,
    I'd log on to the USPS site and see what the tracking number says about the package.
    Good Luck,
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    Fuzz,
    I did check the USPS website for the tracking number. It said:

"Your item was accepted at 3:01 pm on December 23, 2004 in FLOYDS KNOBS, IN 47119. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

Of course he could have provided that number to multiple buyers after shipping one package, but I would rather give him the benefit of the doubt for now. It still hasn't arrived yet, but he did leave me feedback already, and I noticed one of his latest feedbacks was from a buyer who purchased another PSA card from the same set as my purchase a few days before me, so I hope to receive it in the next day or so.

I'll certainly post here if I receive it and let you know if it was the same card as the one scanned. And I'll certainly pursue getting a charge back and leave negative feedback if not here before the 30 day limit.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    Floyd's Knobs? Hey, I thought this was a family show!
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • Options

<< <i>DAYTRADER is not naru........at least the link you show does not say he is, as for LLoyds Aaron it is up to 810.00 dollars........... >>

That is new within the last 48 hours. He was NARU last time I checked, but it looks like he has now been reinstated.

<< <i>I would question your assumption that these are the same sellers for a couple reasons. One, this newbie seller already stands accused of stealing scans to sell items he may not actually own. Two, the old seller had a feedback of 748 with 99.7% positive, and was an eBay power-seller. Maybe the scan-stealer is also an auction format-stealer. HTML is easy to steal. >>

I said I suspected, not assumed. I haven't jumped to any conclusions yet. And please remember that I have had nothing but good experiences buying from him.

daytrader433 is also from Floyds Knobs, BTW.
  • Options
    Just came across this: LINK

<< <i>I PICKED UP THESE EXTREMELY RARE BOXING CARDS FROM SOME SELLER THAT WAS SELLING THESE A WHILE AGO ON EBAY. I'M NOT INTO BOXING BUT I PAID HIM $434.00 FOR ALL THREE OF THESE BECAUSE THEY WERE ALL PSA 9 MINT'S, WHICH IS A PRETTY IMPOSSIBLE GRADE FOR ANY SPORTS CARD MADE IN THE 1950'S ALTOGETHER! I AM ALSO COPYING WHAT HE DID TO ADVERTISE THESE BY COPYING & PASTING SUGAR RAY'S AND INGEMAR'S HALL OF FAME PROFILES AT THE BOTTOM AS WELL. >>