Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1964 Baseball question

How much does PSA fault a card that is clearly or partially "scratched" (rear answer section) compared to one
of similar condition otherwise, in the beloved 1964 Topps Baseball card world?

(I only have a few graded 1964 cards, and most are full data, i.e. leaders, veterans, rookies, WS; no question.

I can comment on these, but I didn't submit them:
Pinson PSA 6 and Cardenas PSA 7: neither look scratched but if I turn them to light just the right
way I can read the answers anyway. So I don't really know what the factor is).

ebay:1967topps
1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff

Comments

• Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    1967Topps................I collect the '64's and it is completely normal to be able to angle the card a certain way and clearly read the trivia answer question ! If you bought a Gem Mint 10 card , you would still be able to read the trivia answer if you tilt the card a certain way ! I bought a Psa 8 card one time , and the trivia answer was clearly visible ! I posed this same question to the board about a year ago if it was possible to get a Psa 8 or 9 if the answer was clearly visible ! Our resident expert , the holder of the #1 Finest Set , JH , responded that , yes , you can get a 8 from Psa ! As long as the trivia answer hasn't been scratched or tampered with , it won't affect the grade of your card ! If it's been tampered with , expect to get no better than a Psa 6 , even if the rest of the card is perfect ! Hope that helps answer your question ! By the way , that Pinson + Cardenas are one of the tougher cards to find in high grade for the '64 set ! .....................Robbie
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set