Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Twas the COLDEST CHRISTMAS EVER

lost our power thursday.........my pops doesnt have the usual extra cash he does this christmas cause of the NHL strike and the inability to work games (about 8000 smackers). We toughed it out till it came back on today....SUNDAY 9pm. What a crazy christmas...its unbelieveable how much we rely on the electric company. Temps in the house got to around 15-25 degrees over the last 4 days....we drained our pipes so they wouldnt bust. Put christmas dinner out in the garage but even with the night-time below zero temps everything ended up thawing (not sure if we are going to give it a go with that or not).

We learned the true meaning of christmas...we had each other...and we are all very grateful of the things we had been taking advantage of for so long.

Loth

Comments

• Options
    hey lothar,

we still have no power (south central ohio) yours went out last thursday night also.

using a generator in my garage to power my computer. just for alittle bit, then the heater gets plugged back in.

what we got was just about all ice !!

see ya, lee
  • Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    Loth and Speeder,
    We also learned the value of electricity after all of the hurricanes blew through Orlando this past summer. We take it for granted until it's gone. I hope you guys stayed warm!
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Loth and Speeder,
    We also learned the value of electricity after all of the hurricanes blew through Orlando this past summer. We take it for granted until it's gone. I hope you guys stayed warm! >>

same thing Jimtb said.. i was without power for about a week during the hurricanes.. it definitely sucked..

good luck to you, Merry Christmas anyway!
    ·p_A·