Home Sports Talk

If the playoffs started today in the NFC

It would be

Minny @ Sea

Car @ Gb

the winner of the Sea/Minny game would face Philly and the winner of the Car/Gb to face atlanta

i would be happy with the matchups of this bracket

Phill without T.O im willing to take that game than michael vick against our sorry defense.

Comments

• ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I just think it's cool to see Carolina still in the hunt, after all of their injuries at the beginning of the season. John Fox really got that team to play well for him.

All told, do you think any of these 6 NFC teams stands a chance against Pittsburgh, New England, or Indianapolis? No way.

• << <i> the winner of the Sea/Minny game would face Philly and the winner of the Car/Gb to face atlanta >>

Not true, among the winners of the two wildcard games, the worst winner would face Philly, so if Carolina won, they'd face Philly. Philly fans should really hope for GB to win that game if that matchup occurs.

Brian
  • dang really? Id Rather play philly than atlanta, if you play atlanta you better hope vick has a off day
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Id Rather play philly than atlanta

really? that seems kinda stupid ...

Eagles are the best in the NFC even w/o TO.

btw, I would rather play the Falcons or Vikings over the Packers. Vick is overrated and the vikes have no heart .... and ZERO balls
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • really? Thats funny, without T.O id rather play you.

Think of it this way

our sorry defense could at least hold 1 catch per game freddie mitchell and that bum Todd Pinkston.

While if we played vick we have to hope that he would suck because no one on our defense could hold him.

As for the game earlier this year we should've won but stupid Fumbles and penalites in the redzone cost us the game, AND THAT WAS WITH T.O
  • Vick would run for over 200 against our D this year lol...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• << <i>Id Rather play philly than atlanta

really? that seems kinda stupid ...

Eagles are the best in the NFC even w/o TO.

btw, I would rather play the Falcons or Vikings over the Packers. Vick is overrated and the vikes have no heart .... and ZERO balls >>

Speaking of kinda stupid... Vick is locked in for life as a Falcon- evidently GM's don't feel he is overrated. Your team beat the snot out of the Packers and you would rather play the Falcons image

Brian
  • Freddie Mitchell and Todd Pinkston would look like Pro Bowlers against our Defense! And if we played Atlanta Vick would run for 2000 yards against our D, not 200.image

I could run for 200 yards against our defense!
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • aconteaconte Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭
    If I were Minnesota I would route not to make the playoffs. Say you make it and then beat Philly could
    you handle a three year contract extension for the great Mike Tice!image

You guys would be toast for three more years. Tice is a bafoon. He can't coach and the defense does
    suck.

aconte

• << <i>If I were Minnesota I would route not to make the playoffs. Say you make it and then beat Philly could
    you handle a three year contract extension for the great Mike Tice!image

You guys would be toast for three more years. Tice is a bafoon. He can't coach and the defense does
    suck.

aconte >>

if we had a good defense we would be 11-4 we have lost 3 games on last second drives that almost any other D could stop. Not all tices fault

• << <i> if we had a good defense we would be 11-4 we have lost 3 games on last second drives that almost any other D could stop. Not all tices fault >>

I hear that, but the coach of all people SHOULD know that the defense blows. I watched the most recent Vikings Packers game and my jaw dropped when he called a punt on 4th and 4 at midfield. Most of the time and most teams should punt but when Farve is having his way offensively, I'd try to keep him off the field.

Brian
  • The Vikings need to make the playoffs first. Better hope they don't choke like last year. Or have the Rams win.
    Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!! image
  • aconteaconte Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭
    Looks like Tice will be back next year even if they don't make the playoffs.image

TICE TO RETURN TO VIKES!

aconte

• << <i>if we had a good defense we would be 11-4 we have lost 3 games on last second drives that almost any other D could stop. Not all tices fault >>

And if Detroit doesn't muff the extra point there's no guarantee they win that game. And if Chicago had a good offense perhaps they'd be 10-5.

Its too convenient to cherry pick a few games that the result could or should have been different. There's no shame in losing to the Pack twice on the final play of the game and having Payton Manning march his team down the field for a gw field goal.

There is shame in getting throttled by the Giants, losing the way they did to Seattle and rolling a donut in the second half against the Bears.

Let's be honest about the Vikes, there just not that good a football team. 8-8 maybe, 9-7 at their best.

If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

edited to rant a little more.
  • VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    We've got to be the worst team in the playoffs. Man, we suck.
  • Dear Mr. Vargha...

It seems that you do not own the rights to "Heh" as you claim - here's some research

The first uses of the term "Heh"

Note: I only used the term "Heh" to point out that someone else might have used it before you, if this in any case requires lawyers and fees then I have been mis-quoted and my comments have been take out of context - image