Home Sports Talk
Options

Comon Phily get a win tomorow

Vikings in playoffs if they do =)

Comments

• Options
    Things are kinda lookin against us. Is it bad of me, as a lifetime fan to not really care if we make it? I mean I do, but if it saves Mike Tices job, I dont.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    you cant blame everything on him, if we had a half decent defense our record would be much differnet

look at some of the loses

Mon 11/8 at Indianapolis L 28-31
    Sun 11/14 at Green Bay L 31-34
    Fri 12/24 Green Bay L 31-34

all late second fieldgoals, on last second drives

take those 3 games away and the vikings are 11-4
  • Options
    Actually I can, and I do.

Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    I agree with Beef, with a decent coach our record would be even better than the 11-4 you think we would have without those losses. We should have won so many more games this year, it really all comes down to bad coaching and poor clock management!
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    Take the Green Bay game a couple days ago. With 4th. & 4 and a minute and a half left, would YOU have went for it or punted it off and given the ball to Mr. come from behind Favre and let whatever happens happen! I hope you would have went for it, thats where Tice doesn't get it, he doesn't understand what to do at the end of the game, and thats the most important time. Favre will come back every single time you give him that opportunity!
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    almost any other coach would've have punted it. if we go for it and don't get game over as they can run the clock out and kick a FG just like they did. Either way. With a punt you give yourself a chance to play Defense. We need a better draft, or trade some picks for defensive players.
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

<< <i>almost any other coach would've have punted it. if we go for it and don't get game over as they can run the clock out and kick a FG just like they did. Either way. With a punt you give yourself a chance to play Defense. We need a better draft, or trade some picks for defensive players. >>

I don't think any part of your statement is correct. But I'll only deal with the stupidity of not going for it.

1. If the Vikes go for it and make it they almost assure themselves victory. Let's say they have a 50/50 chance of making it so let's say that by going for it they have a 50% chance of victory.

2. By punting the Vikings had to not only stop the Packers from scoring in regulation, but unless they won the flip they would have had to stop them again in OT. The first time the Vikes played the Pack, they prevented scores on five of 11 drives. Up until that point in the game they had stopped the Pack from scoring four of nine tries. The fact that the Pack were two for two in their two-minute offense against the Vikes is just background information.

Basically by punting Tice should have realized he may have to stop the Pack twice. The odds of the Vikes successfully accomplishing that is (9/20) * (9/20) or 20%.

3. His decision also flies in the face of the theory that you want your "best" players to decide the outcome. With the Vikings that is Daunte and company.

4. Tice has now cost Red huge gates at two 1st Round Playoff home games. I'm sure Red is saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice....".

If I were running a company and my sales team failed to give my company it's best chance at a $5Million dollar contract, I certainly would not be even considering re-upping their contracts.