Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Digital Pictures of Graded Cards

I need some help from the group here on how to take clear, sharp photos of your graded cards for listing on Ebay. I've turned off the flash, but still tend to either get a glare of the photo looks blurry. I'm new to digital cameras, so please respond in lamen terms.

Thanks
Looking for '55 Topps Baseball in PSA 7/8.
Looking for '51 Redbacks in PSA 9
High Grade Vintage Lots - All Sports

Comments

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Head down to Office Max and use those gift cards on a scanner.

Seriously, I'm not sure about how to use a digital camera to get the best image of a card. Most of the digital pix I see on eBay aren't that good.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    For most people a scanner is going to give better, more consistant results. But if you want to shoot it with a typical point and shoot camera, try the following:

Shoot at the highest quality level your camera has. Always better to reduce the size than increase it.
    Zoom out as far as your lens goes (so to the telephoto range, NOT wide angle). Back up or stand on a chair if necessary.
    Use the close up setting- depending on your camera it may be a flower icon. This will let you fill the frame, or at least come closer.
    Use indirect light- the side of the house in shade, an open room with no direct sunlight but bright. I suspect your problem may be one of camera shake- be sure your light level is fairly bright to insure a fast enough shutter speed.
    Put a dark piece of paper behind the card if it has white borders, white paper if it is a dark card.
    If you are still having problems pm me and I"ll give you my email address- I might be able to help more if I see the file.

I digitally photograph all my cards instead of scan them- it's much higher quality and infinitely faster- but I"m a photographer, so I have a little better equipment at my disposal. You may find a $99 scanner works much better for your needs, but try this first and see.
    Best of luck!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options

<< <i>For most people a scanner is going to give better, more consistant results. But if you want to shoot it with a typical point and shoot camera, try the following:

Shoot at the highest quality level your camera has. Always better to reduce the size than increase it.
    Zoom out as far as your lens goes (so to the telephoto range, NOT wide angle). Back up or stand on a chair if necessary.
    Use the close up setting- depending on your camera it may be a flower icon. This will let you fill the frame, or at least come closer.
    Use indirect light- the side of the house in shade, an open room with no direct sunlight but bright. I suspect your problem may be one of camera shake- be sure your light level is fairly bright to insure a fast enough shutter speed.
    Put a dark piece of paper behind the card if it has white borders, white paper if it is a dark card.
    If you are still having problems pm me and I"ll give you my email address- I might be able to help more if I see the file.

I digitally photograph all my cards instead of scan them- it's much higher quality and infinitely faster- but I"m a photographer, so I have a little better equipment at my disposal. You may find a $99 scanner works much better for your needs, but try this first and see.
    Best of luck! >>

Anthony, Do you still need this card for your set?

CRACKER JACK 1914 PSA 6-# 91 ROGER PECKINPAUGH .

remember this? The one I purchased from Peter last year?

(Koby,try to be cool this is serious stuff now!)

live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!