Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Sooo...any sportscard related Christmas gifts?

I struck out on sportscards but did get a $50 Paypal gift certificate that will come in handy on my next ebay purchase and a couple Hartland figures (new ones). Any nice sportscard related gifts out there?

Comments

• Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    I told Marshall Fogel that a kid in my neighborhood would be thrilled if he could have a certain '52T Mantle PSA 10. I would be the Good Samaritan middleman, just because I have the spirit of giving in my heart this holiday season. No reply from Mr. Fogel. What a Scrooge!

So I gave the kid a Jose Canseco rookie. I'm such an image
  • Options
    I gotta pretty good gf. No cards but thats understandable.
    She got me a 50 graded card Pennzoni wall display. 3 different frame 8x10's, Ozzie diving head first into third base with the dirting rising, Cardinals celebrating the game 7 NLCS win, and the Jimmy Edmonds NLCS Game 6 winning HR of him pumping his fist, love that picture! Moms tossed in a gift cert. to the local card shop. I'm suprised and anxious to hang and fill that display.

Ben

• Options
    nope, but close. An Oakland Athletics fishing Lure; used and likely from a garage sale. The A's of all teams too.
    Now looking for a 1950 Bowman Baseball Box as pictured below.
  • Options
    sadly, no... but i did get green stuff from my dad, i already have my eye on several things ending sunday night image
  • Options
    rugbymarinerugbymarine Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭
    From my dad:

'72 Kelloggs Jim Palmer PSA 9 (168 Games)
    '73 Kelloggs Palmer PSA 9
    '76 Topps Palmer PSA 9 (SWEET !!)
    '78 Topps PALmer PSA 9
    '81 Topps Palmer PSA 9
    '82 Fleer PAlmer PSA 9

'63 Topps #78 Marv Throneberry PSA 8

A handful of '82 Topps PSA 9's and 10's

For myself, a '70 Topps #68 A.L. ERA Leaders PSA 8 with, you guessed it, Jim Palmer.

All very nice, and all fit nicely into sets of mine. Can't ask for much more that, right ?
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    No cards, but a baseball hall of famers calendar. It was a stocking stuffer.
  • Options
    I got Montreal Expos season tickets.
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    I put in a large order with Mick a few weeks ago for my sets. That counted as most of my Christmas presents. At least I let my wife wrap the box in came in.
  • Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    I got one of the new MJ Roop storage boxes. It is really nice!
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    I got a nice 1959 PSA 8 Bart Starr!!! A nice addition to my set...

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    1 MJ Roop Box and 4 1956 BB PSA 8s from my wife. :-)

The Roop boxes are a great way to store cards. I have several of them now and I can almost walk through the baseball card room without tripping.
    SinibobCards@aol.com

Working on 56T BB and 80T BB
    Looking to trade blocks of BB graded commons for other blocks of BB commons

https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/sinibobcards/othersets/3205

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sinibobsystems/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    No cards, but I did get an authentic USC football jersey and NCAA Football 2005 for PS2.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    No cards, but my sister-in-law gave me a six set miniature classic stadiums (Yankee, Fenway, Wrigley, Ebbets Field, etc) with a book about the stadiums.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion