Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Is this card really that tough?

Check out this auction, for a 1967 Topps Baseball PSA 8 common

Wow!

Is this an abberation? Or are there a lot of tough commons in that set?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    17 - 8's
    1 - 9

SMR = $15.00

·p_A·
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Looking at the pop report for the set, it's a relatively difficult card.

The card qualifies as an 8, but that diamond-cut to me is image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    The last one that I sold privately was for $225. It's one of the 5 toughest cards in the set. Additionally, I noticed the #2 Hamilton card sold below $40. This card is usually priced much higher.

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    Alan/Friends...

what are the toughest cards in the set? I'm trying to put together a 7/8 version.

Thanks!

Nick
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    I think that other than Sims, Marichal Checklist #454 is pretty tough along with 371 Jim Lonborg, and 572 Demeter. There is a tier 2 tough cards that include 196 Romano, Garry Roggenburk, and 465 WillieHorton and the Pirates team card.

Attached is a link to an article I wrote on the set a few years back.

link to article

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    The Sims didn't just have 2 guys battling for it, there were 7 different bidders that bid over $55.
  • Options
    Pretty tough card, plus ALL different bidders. Lots of competition on some of these = big $$!

Stan/bosko56
  • Options
    $156...he lucked out....I paid $236 for mine. Yes there are a lot of tough commons in that set.
    Also there are a lot of people registering the 1967 set...so you gotta figure there's a lot of competition
    for a low pop (like less than 30) PSA 8 card. Of course there was a PSA 9 of this card that came up,
    and the submitter got greedy and put it up for auction - went for $350 as the 1/1 PSA 9 Sims.
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff