Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Check out my sig photo. Fishing Lure! 1920-D

I thought some of you would get a kick out of my 1920-D Mercury Dime (cutout) being chased by one of my fish.

Any new Mercury Dime News of late? I see there has been a lot of red the last few days. Is "mum" the word? Where are all those passing signals.

Tony

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

Comments

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice picture Tony.

Eight dimes are at PCGS right now. Hopefully some will be worthy for the registry set. All of the dates are from the twenties and five were raw with the other three going for crossovers. One of the raw coins is a very nice coin in my opinion and either this will be confirmed or it will show that I really am a doofus grader. If the coin comes back like I think it will someone will have a shot at it because of the FB designation. Thats it for me. The wait for grades is in progress.

This is for all Merc People.

Ken
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken,

Would one or more of those in for grading be 1925? I noticed yesterday I have another unc 1925 P in my Whitman Bookself Book (I must have forgot I had it).

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    Tony one is a 25P. At first two of them were going to be sent but after looking at the second one I figured it would only go AU58 so it is sitting here at home with me. If the one at PCGS goes 64 NB I will be very happy. It could FB though which would cause more searching for a NB example.

Ken
  • Options
    Not that anyone should put one there, but a small bag mark on the bands would keep 'er out of being FB.

By the way, nice Christmas Card!

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    weird stuff Tony - are you feeling ok?image you may need some fresh air image

been a long time since I've seen passing signals. What ever happenned to common courtesy?image oh well!!!

Ken good luck at pcg and happy Holidays to you too - that is a pretty post - the mercs come across nice in photos - I think you had it up last year , and admired it then too image

Marc
  • Options
    Marc you are correct. I'm tooooo lazy to make a new one this year. image

Ken
  • Options

<< <i>weird stuff Tony - are you feeling ok? you may need some fresh air >>

Marc,

It is too cold to go outside... I wish is was May and I could tryout a fishing lure... Oh, how it must feel to be warm..