Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Everyone that is working on a Dansco 7070 or similar should post their pictures

LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
We could have a bunch of posts with each collectors set.

I think it would be way cool to see everyone else's 7070.

I'll spend some time over the next day or two and scan my 7070 and Library of coins sets.

Comments

• Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Click on the link in my sig line.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, you asked for it (sorry dial-uppers image )

the optional gold page:

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

<< <i>Click on the link in my sig line. >>

jim
  • Options
    Just wait until Chritmas... image I have inside knowledge about a digital camera... image
    ~Richard Dorrance
  • Options

Nice job on those sets guys. Lookin' purdy.
    www.jaderarecoin.com - Updated 6/8/06. Many new coins added!

Our eBay auctions - TRUE auctions: start at $0.01, no reserve, 30 day unconditional return privilege & free shipping!
  • Options
    Ok here goes. Just filled the Bust Half Reeded Edge today. Three more holes to fill, then on to the gold page and/or upgrades.

Bill
  • Options
    In my experience, the classic head cent is THE toughest hole to fill with a nice coin.

Ugly coins are plentiful; a nice coin always costs more that it seems it should.

An uncorroded classic head cent with a smooth planchet, nice chocolate color (not too dark) and VF or better detail is a RARE coin.

• Options
    I havent started one yet, but I have been seriously considering it. I don't think I'll ever collect by series again.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • Options
    How come the large size Bust Quarter is excluded, given both the large and small size Bust Halves are there.
  • Options

<< <i>the classic head cent is THE toughest hole to fill with a nice coin >>

I totally agree, it is the only Cent I have yet to fill, and I've been searching pretty diligently. They either have corrosion, damage, PVC, were cleaned, oxidized (propper usage?) to an ugly black color, or a combination of them all. After all that and factoring my short price range, it seems i'd have an easier time buying a Saint

jim
  • Options
    Well, LanLord, it was your idea and thread, where's yer pics image

• Options
    MillertimeMillertime Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    I don't have any pictures to contribute (yet) but I'm picking up my album this Friday. I'll be able to fill at least one hole per denomination, except for the 20c and the gold.

Baley - I really like your set. Did you crack a lot of slabs for your album? Will most of the coins tone in the Dansco album over time?

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In my experience, the classic head cent is THE toughest hole to fill with a nice coin.

Ugly coins are plentiful; a nice coin always costs more that it seems it should.

An uncorroded classic head cent with a smooth planchet, nice chocolate color (not too dark) and VF or better detail is a RARE coin. >>

Amen, brother. Then try to find one with a clip while you're at it. I have an 1810 in my type set right now that is a corroded mess, and saw an 1812 in a net-graded Fine holder that was also corroded (and mighty expensive). The only other clip I've seen was a straight-clipped 1813 in low grade, which I still regret not jumping on. Unfortunately it was listed right before Christmas, and my money was otherwise allocated then.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    GTOsterGTOster Posts: 860 ✭✭✭
    Damm!!!!
    Guys nice coins in there!!!
    You just gave me an Idea for my sonimage
    Thanks
    Paul
  • Options
    MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743
    Baley has one of the nicest type sets, in an album, that I've ever seen.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • Options
    Hi Millertime, yes I cracked many slabs, someday I'll take a picture of the pile (I saved some of the plastic and all the tags)

As for toning, a couple of the bu silver coins have become just a little golden, most of the coins are completely unchanged as far as i can tell.

• Options
    DD Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    I declare Baley the winner of this thread image.

-Daniel
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

-Aristotle

Dum loquimur fugerit invida aetas. Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

-Horace

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file