Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

#1 johnny bench master set - officially retired.

hi all,

well it`s official, i`ve retired my johnny bench basic and master sets. i have just been waiting to get over the 90% completion mark.

it could not have happened soon enough for me. had a good time for awhile, but recently it had become an extreme drag.

and if it not fun anymore, why stick around ?

my master set is at 92.47 complete. which means it will still be viewable (scans included)

like johnny bench, i`m leaving the game on top !

good luck to all.

your friend, lee spies

------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY RETIRED #1 JOHNNY BENCH MASTER SET (scans galore)

Comments

• Options
    Hey Lee,

You could start collecting Nolan Ryan now!!image

Scott J.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    good job lee
    Good for you.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    excuse my iggnorance, but does this mean you sold the set?

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    hi,

softparade, no i have not sold it. i`ve just decided to stop collecting and adding to these sets.

there are still some rare bench items i would like to obtain, and will if i get a chance.

those i will put in my collectors showcase.

scott, very tempting ??????,,,,,,, !!!!!!!

lee
    -------------------------------------------------------------

MY PSA COLLECTORS SHOWCASE (all bench, all rare)
  • Options
    Lee's just getting ready for Free listing day...lol
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear this. Lee is a big loss to the registry. I didn't think I would ever surpass him, and now it will be a little sad for me if I do. Good luck with the non-sports, Lee.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    So if the master set expands so that he has less than 90% of the new total # of cards, will he remain in the All-Time Finest?

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭

<< <i>So if the master set expands so that he has less than 90% of the new total # of cards, will he remain in the All-Time Finest? >>

Is that the rule? I thought once you retired in the Top 5 All-Time you stayed there until 5 other sets were higher.

As for the Bench set expanding, gee I can't imagine. image

People seem to think the Bench master set is small compared to some others. I think that is logical, because he retired after only a couple years of Donruss and Fleer being on the scene, and long before the explosion of other card manufacturers that Nolan Ryan registry members are, uh, blessed with. But there are still Bench issues out there that are ungraded. Like I just graded a '78 Hostess Bench, and nobody had ever done that before. Amazing. The set is at 146 cards, pins, coins, and knick-knacks now and I'd guess it won't top 200 any time soon -- which would be fine with me.