Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

ebay vs private sale vs auction house

Suppose you had a high end set to dispose of. Do you get the most return (money vs. time spent)
by individual e-Bay auctions, one auction selling the whole set, or contacing an Auction House that
specializes in Sports cards?
ebay:1967topps
1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff

Comments

• Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    You will get the most money by selling the cards individually by private off ebay sales, but that is time consuming sometimes. Otherwise I would list them on Ebay one by one using Turbo Lister and a lot of copy and paste. It doesn't take that long once you get going.
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Do some key word searches in this forum. There are several threads discussing this very issue.
  • Options
    As always, it depends on the issue.

Figure out what your time is worth.

You can consign hi dollar items to Mile High and he charges you less than ebay (and paypal) fees.

Whatcha got fellow Tiger sufferer?
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    1967 was a fine year
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    Whoops I forgot another option: the major dealer (Kit Young, WV Shoebox, Kruk cards come to mind first,
    perhaps because I'm on their mailing list) that says BUYING! BUYING!
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Whoops I forgot another option: the major dealer (Kit Young, WV Shoebox, Kruk cards come to mind first,
    perhaps because I'm on their mailing list) that says BUYING! BUYING! >>

I would forget this option, unless you like getting 5 cents on the dollar for your items. If its a high dollar set, and near complete, I would look into a major auction house. Anything of mid to low value can be sold best on Ebay by yourself, in most cases.