Home Sports Talk

The Dodgers Owner Is A Blooming Idiot!!!!!!!

He lets Beltre walk, and was going to trade Green!! image

Comments

• VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    The Dodgers Owner Is A Blooming Idiot!!!!!!!

And this is news? The only reason that McCourt owns the Dodgers is because Selig saw to it that O'Malley did not get back into baseball as part of a Dodgers investment group.
  • Green is a perfect Dodger in the way that Koufax was.
    To trade him would break a lot of Dodger fans hearts.
  • first paul and then beltre, and he was gonna let the guy we traded our captain and leader for go. This guy is a idiot. Thanks for the one good season.
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I gave up my season tickets for next year. McCourt never should've been allowed to buy the team.
    Losing Beltre and signing JD Drew is definitely a step backwards. Anything short of Beltran won't make up lost ground, and we know that isn't going to happen.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• I just can't understand what McCourt is trying to do. Unless he's purposly trying to destroy the team!! Geez!! image
  • Don't be too hasty. Beltre had a career year last year, much in the mold of Mike Lowell two years ago. That slapping sound you hear up in the Pacific Northwest next year will be the sound of reality slapping Beltre in the face. I see numbers more in line with his previous two years before 2004. The Mariners overpaid for Beltre, and the Diamondbacks overpaid for Glaus. J.D. Drew is a better player than each of them. The only concern with Drew is injuries. If he is healthy, that will have been a wise decision on Drew.

Risk. You are better off risking money on an injured player, than on a career year player. Why? Well, it is quite possible that often injured guys remain healthy. Guys like McGwire, and Reggie Sanders were your perennial injured players, but then they found some consistency in that department. So it isn't a slam dunk that Drew will be injured.

I am pretty sure that Beltre will be a bust, and drop to reality like Richard Hidalgo did a few years ago, or Brady Anderson, or Terry Steinbach, or Mike Lowell, or any number of other players who had this incredible year, only to go back down to reality.

Beltre's age also has to be in question. There is no certainty at all that he is how old he says he is. If that man is two years older than his listed age(like I suspect), then that contract will be even more of a mistake.

You heard it here first fellas.
  • VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    I thought the age thing was already dealt with. As to his career year, it probably was just that. However, the seasons after he was in the hospital likely aren't an accurate reflection either. If he can bat .290 with 25-30 HR and 90-100 RBI, coupled with his play in the field, he will have been an excellent acquisition for the M's.
  • .290, 25-30 HR, 90-100 RBI is a GREAT year, IF IT WERE DONE IN 1982!

His ob% was higher last year because he all of a sudden hit .330. That was a fluke. It wasn't like his eye at the place increased, as he had two other years with more walks, and there wasn't a a big change in k's. His average was a direct result of hitting all those homers, and a few more hits finding holes. That will change back next year. When he reverts to his typical .275, he will have a typical below average on base percentage, and a slightly better than average slugging percentage.

Beltre's previous three years of OB% were .310 in 2001(the appendix year), .303, and .290. Those numbers are just plain putrid! I don't think the appendix effect lasted three years into 2003 when he had a .290 OB%. I think he just got lucky last year. I may be wrong, but I see GM's make these mistakes all the time.

Beltre's career OB% is below average, and that includes last years fluke year. His OPS+ is 109, with 100 being average, and again, that includes last years fluke. I forsee an OPS+ of about 116 next year, which would rank pretty low among the leaders. For the cash that he got? I think the M's should have spent that money elsewhere.
  • Green is gone. image

• << <i>Green is gone.image >>

My youngest is pretty upset....BIG Shawn Green fan......Shawn always appeared at the local baseball camps..talked to the kids..signed stuff just for the kids. During the camps the kids would go to an Angels game and a Dodgers game....during one of the trips to an LA game my son was Shawn's "mini-me" during warm up.

Shawn Green is one of the nicest guys in MLB..IMHO.

Skip

I'll take the cards & flowers when I'm living and the BS when I'm dead!

ANGEL OF HOPE

Skip
    TUSTIN CA
  • Green is due for a big year. I was hoping that he would be traded to the Mets - if not, he should have stayed a Dodger.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.