Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1955 Topps baseball (unofficial thread)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Resurrecting an old thread... I've been putting together a 55 Topps set for about four months now, largely through EBAY. This auction jumped out at me today.. IMO, you don't see this kind of card for a major HOF'er very often on Ebay. Maybe I should sell my car and go for it image Enjoy

1955 Topps #198 PSA 9
    1955 Topps is done!
    working on 1956 Topps in PSA 6-7
  • Options
    pclpadspclpads Posts: 457 ✭✭
    JMO - His prices are really steep. He's asking straight SMR for a 9. I wouldn't pull the trigger. FWIW: POP has 84 in 8; 2 in 8.5; and 11 in 9. So, rare in 9 yes, but . . .
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Top left corner (as shown) looks funky to me.

Maybe it's the scan?

Good for you.
  • Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    Anyone out there have any PSA 4-5-6 range cards for sale or trade from this set? I am working on a set currently?

Dave
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Dave...PM sent.

Jeff
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chad,

You do know there's a very nice 55 Topps Berra PSA 8.5 up for sale on eBay don't you?? image It's a 1 of 2.

And, you can keep your car too!! I doubt the naked eye can discern the difference between an 8.5 and a 9, but your wallet sure can!

Al
  • Options
    Picked this up tonight for my Post WWII HOF RC Collection

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    When I picked up a Monte Irvin for my set, I noticed the registry points. So odd to see a card that in the 5-6 range that goes for $15-30 have a higher registry value than some of the heavy hitters of the set like Mays, Aaron, and Robinson. I am guessing this is based upon the PSA 8 being tough to come by, but it sure skews the mid grade sets.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Here are some recurring print oddities I have accumulated with my set

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    Monte Irvin is indeed one of the toughest cards in the set to find in great condition.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    I picked up a PSA 5 for $13.50, then I noticed a PSA 8 listed at $3800. Just a slight difference.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.