Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Hey Lincoln Guys! 1943 s/s 1c?

Can't find any info. on a 1943-s steel lincoln with a repunched mint mark. Big deal? No big deal? Anybody with any info, feel free to share it here. image

I'd post a pic, but I wouldn't be able to get a close up of the repunching.
BigD5
LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff

Comments

• Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    I guess we will never know because coppercoins left the forum. mike
  • Options
    Look on the varieties master listing page of the CONECA web site. There are a number of listed rpm's for 1943s 1c.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One caveat - if the doubling is to the southeast, it is probably a form of die fatigue. Because of the steel planchets, 1943 cents are very prone to "poor man's doubling" whith will typically show as a ghostly spread onthe date and mintmark toward the rim. There are RPMs known, if you can give me a verbal description I can try to attribute it with either Wexler or Wiles this evening.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options

<< <i>I guess we will never know because coppercoins left the forum. mike >>

'43 cents aren't made of copper image
  • Options
    I recently found a BU 1943 S/S and it resembles your comments. However, the S is fairly bold and is not ghostly. It is to the southeast however. Additionally, there is a doubling of the 9, the 4 and the 3. The boldness of the S appears to deviate from your indicators however. I would appreciate your feedback. Steve
  • Options
    The OP didn't get an answer because he didn't have an image. Variety attribution without clear images is like navigating across the ocean by sense of smell. Can't be done.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    I'll need to get my camera out and see if I can get that image up close. Too late tonight. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks for the reply. Steve

• Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    I bought the Coneca CDROM on Lincoln rpm's and omm's only to leave it at work today, I'll look tomorow.
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    What happened to coppercoins?

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options

<< <i>'ll need to get my camera out and see if I can get that image up close >>

Steviewah....I have used a 10x loupe held in front of my camera to get a lot better close up of a coin. It may help.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file