Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Happy Holidays! Me gift to myself....my new 1822 Hibernia!

Auction just ended and I'll tell ya folks I'll stick to my old bidding technics....BUT I HAD TO HAVE THIS ONE!!!image
AU 1822 Hibernia

Comments

• Options
    bozboz Posts: 1,405
    That is gorgeous!
    Nice grab
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    Nice gift, you must really like yourself!image

-JamminJ
  • Options
    Now wrap it up an place it under the tree so you can surprise yourself Christmas morning!
  • Options
    congrats!! image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    Awesome! I am glad you won it.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    You have a forbidden word in your message post. Please click the back button in your browser and remove this word from your post. The words that are forbidden are highlighted for you.

Thanks folks, I am sure excited about getting it and taking some nice pics of it for you all. My wife shocked the living sh-te out of me tonight. She said I should have it gradedimage But I feel that it does not deserve a plastic coffin. What do you folks think?

• Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

<< <i> What do you folks think? >>

Depends on what you think the grade will be.
    If it's a dead ringer AU leave it raw, if it has a shot at an MS holder (many nice AU coins do) send it in.

-JamminJ
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭
    Il supremo!

My money says it would slab as an MS63BN at NGC (maybe even 64). image

I had an 1832 Matron cent that had booming cartwheel lustre, but was truly only a choice AU coin. It had the slightest rub on the cheek and other high points....but just a wee bit.....NGC graded it MS64BN. Go figure, but then it's an example of the Classics being graded 'market-wise' and on eye-appeal.

I love that delicate ice-blue peripheral toning. image

Ráithe ó Nollaig go Féile Phádraig. So, what will Paddy be a bringin' ya? A gilt farthing, perchance? image
  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    image Awesome coin!!! image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just submitted one to ANACS and it graded MS60 BROWN. I like the look of yours and agree that a 62-63 grade seems probable

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Lovely Christmas present!!! image It appears you weren't the only one who wanted it desperately ... but you proved most desperate of all! image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you bought it. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    Thanks!!
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Interesting that there was no sniping on this coin; I guess people figured it had gone too high. You had to outbid Cosmic, I see... image But that other guy sure kept upping the price to force you to pay for it!

I love that coin, and also feel it has a good chance of a choice uncirculated grade.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22