Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

My ebay/PSA Christmas present

It happens now and then, when you least expect it. You get your grades back from PSA and decide which cards to sell and which cards to keep. I decided that the three 1961 baseball cards would go on ebay, two PSA 8s and one PSA 9. The 8s bring $10 each and the 9 is at $118 with less than a minute to go. A snipping bidding war takes place and the final bid hits home at $340! An early Christmas present for me. I hadn't even bothered to check the population report before I put the card out on ebay. I now find it is 1/2, but I'll take the sale over keeping the card any day. Heck one card nearly paid for my entire PSA order. Thanks to PSA and ebay for brightening up my holiday season! Oh, I don't want to forget the buyer, Happy Holidays to you too. I hope your set registry has jumped up in the rankings.

Comments

• Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    Congrats on your windfall, PSARich. I was worried about what the weekend auctions would bring, because I had heard Christmas is a dead time for eBay sales (I wasn't here last year). Some of my stuff finished only 65-75% of SMR, but that stuff was selling like that during the summer and fall, too. The high-end, high-demand stuff I sold this weekend easily achieved SMR, and in some cases left it in the dust.

So based on my limited experience, I would say it's a VERY good time to sell cards that are likely to be on many want-lists.

I would guess, though, that once it's too late to ship in time for Dec. 24, interest drops off and it's only collectors who are buying for themselves. And as we get closer to Christmas weekend, more and more people will be unable to find excuses to leave their guests and run up to the computer! All speculation on my part, but now the big buying rush is over (according to my theory) I'm just watching and not trying to sell any more until after the New Year.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I agree with you jrdolan - I feel like I missed out though by waiting on listing some nice stuff that would have ended last week. It seemed like there was a shortage of nice graded stuff on Ebay, and the prices accordingly were strong (same number of bidders apparently).
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i love it when a last second snipe comes through.. i sold a Lou Brock PSA 8 last month, and it stayed around SMR ($340?) until the last 3 seconds.. *POOF* $650.00 snipe! very sweet..

edit - of course, it was one of the best Brock RC's i've ever seen.. and with my luck it will end up in a PSA 9 holder for somebody else.. =)
    ·p_A·