Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Collector Showcases!

I have just added a couple more cards to my "Apostle's Key cards of the 80's". I like to put descriptions that may bring back memories for some folks who were avid fans of the day. I also have added my Jack Clark "SF Giants" set. Call me nosey or just really into cards, but I'd love to see your compilations in the showcase. We all know what a '72 Topps card looks like, etc. The showcase lets your individual tastes shine! I'll be adding my Whitaker and Madlock sets among others in the coming weeks. I've been adding about 3 cards per week to my 80's showcase as time permits and I sift through worthy cards that had some impact on me or the game. C'mon guys let's see those special runs of cards you've got!!! How 'bout the ultimate "Don Mossi" set, featuring players with odd physical characteristics?...

Anyway, I invite you guys to browse my showcases and post here what cards you'd like to see added. Stay away from obvious RC's if you can. I'd really like your input and your reasons behind it. It would make for an intersting read and could help make the 80's showcase one the board could share.

Happy Holidays.

dgf

Comments

• Options
    Coincidentally, I just posted scans of my 1980 Topps and 1981 Topps Kansas City Royals sets in the Collectors' Showcase. They might be of passing interest to Gator and RobE.

Thanks and Happy Holidays,

Randy
    Always buying George Brett Gem Mint Cards!
  • Options
    Randy,
    Saw 'em! Great stuff! Many of those 81's came from Matt as I recall. Solid! That Frank White is awesome! Here's a card you might dig...

Another "White" 1/1 PSA 10

dgf
  • Options
    downgoesfrazier,

I saw that White in another post. It's perfect. I had a 9 of that card, but it doesn't hold a candle to yours.

You're right, the '81s are from Matt (gator) and the '80s are from Rob (robebass). Although, the '80 Brett and a couple others I may have picked up elsewhere.

Thanks and Happy Holidays

Randy
    Always buying George Brett Gem Mint Cards!
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    The showcase is a wonderful idea, but I find it a little confusing. The names that people use to label their sets make it impossible to recognize their content without actually opening the set up.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    dgf,

i love the Eckersley and Strawberry you added.. the descriptions make them great..

the whole set is great.. good idea..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    My collector showcase: My Favorite Buck Weaver Card
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options