Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

PSA 4 T206 Wagner

Was the PSA 4 T206 Wagner pulled from the Sotheby/Sportscardsplus auction?

Lot #288

Prices realized w/o price for Lot #288

Comments

• Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    My understanding is that the Wagner and the '52 Topps set did not meet reserve.
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    Interesting. Were these reserves disclosed? Does anyone happen to know what the reserve on the PSA 4 Wagner was?
  • Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    As far as I know only the estimates were disclosed. The estimate on the Wagner escapes me, but I think the '52 set was about $400,000.

spacktrack
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    i'ld pay 200k for the psa 4
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I could be wrong, but thought the reserves were the low end of the estimate. In the case of the Wagner it would be 375K.
    The 2 biggest card lots in this auction didn't meet reserve, and the biggest lot overall (the Ruth bat) was bought by the Sports Cards Plus' biggest competition who turned it into a publicity coup. Not the most successful auction ever run.

edited to correct error on the bat.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭

<< <i>I could be wrong, but thought the reserves were the low end of the estimate. In the case of the Wagner it would be 375K.
    The 2 biggest card lots in this auction didn't meet reserve, and the biggest lot overall (the Wagner bat) was bought by the Sports Cards Plus' biggest competition who turned it into a publicity coup. Not the most successful auction ever run. >>

The Wagner bat ...or the Ruth bat? If it was the Ruth bat, who was it sold to?
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, had Wagner on the brain. The RUTH bat was bought by Doug Allen at Mastro on behalf of a collector, who, from what I've read, will consign part of his extensive bat collection to Mastro to fund the purchase.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SCD had a report about the auction in their issue last week. They said the PSA 4 T206 Wagner didn't meet a hidden reserve and was withdrawn. They also said the Ruth bat was bought by Doug Allen of Mastronet, on behalf of a New Jersey Opthalmalogist who they did name, but the name escapes me right now. The NJ Doc will be consigning some other Ruth bats from his collection, to Mastronet for some of their auctions in 2005.

Steve
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>didn't meet a hidden reserve and was withdrawn >>

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>didn't meet a hidden reserve and was withdrawn >>

image >>

What's wrong Jay.....was it yers?image

Steve
  • Options

<< <i>I could be wrong, but thought the reserves were the low end of the estimate. In the case of the Wagner it would be 375K. >>

If this is true, that would mean the third best Wagner (PSA 4) cannot break $375000.
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    375k is a lot of money
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    Yes it is. But I thought that one of the super-wealthy collectors out there would have paid for the distinction of having the number three card in the entire hobby.
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    why whack 375k when you can whack 1200k?
    Money is your ticket to freedom.