Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

ripped off on ebay help

I won a card on ebay, paid via Paypal, using funds from my checking account and the seller is not responding. Paid on the 25 of November, his phone number listed is no good in his contact info. What is my next step? Since I used Paypal do I have a leg to stand on. Please respond via email or PM thanks Lloydemail

PS after 7 years on ebay, this is my first bad experience.
www.LloydWTaylor.com
Vintage Baseball Cards
Sales and Ebay Consignment Service
email
Lloyd_Taylor_Vintage_Cards -- on Ebay

Comments

• Options
    call paypal.
    similar thing happened to me... paypal refurnished my money almost immeadiately. By the time I was off the phone with them the money was back in my account.
    This was 4 years ago before eBay owned them... and the seller was in bad standing with similar complaints.
    In any case, paypal should be a able to tell you your next step.
    good luck. I hate to see bad things happen to good people like you.
    -Geoff

• Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    File a non-delivery complaint with PayPal NOW. They give sellers 7 biz days after payment to get your goods to you, so you are in a position to do this. But if you file your complaint more than 30 days after payment (45 days next year), kiss your $$ goodbye.

They will ask the seller to give the tracking number. If he is unable to do so, they will charge back the money. (There are horror stories of scummy sellers providing a tracking number of 0000000000 or any random series of numbers and the PayPal computer accepting it, but I don't know if that's true)
  • Options
    I would also notify ebay that the seller's contact information is invalid. That is also in violation of ebay policy.

Good luck!
    Tom

• Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    He did the deal on November 25. That means that 45 days is up roughly around Jan. 10. Will paypal extend the new 45 day period back to November, or does he only have until 30 days after November 25th?
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    The new policy does not kick in until 01/14. Get your complaint in now.
  • Options
    don't wait around, i was over the 30 day limit by 15 days and paypal said screw you...I tried to explain i was stuck in kuwait because of operation iraqi freedom, and didn't have the typical internet luxuries. but they did give me a heart felt too f@@king bad, the rule is the rule!!!!
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Options

<< <i>I would also notify ebay that the seller's contact information is invalid. That is also in violation of ebay policy.

can you find the specific link to report this?

live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!