Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

PLAYOFF CONTENDERS FB PRE-SELL

Hello,

Anyone interested in Pre-ordering Playoff Contenders boxes?

110$ DLVD for the first box, 100$ for each additional box.

24 Packs per box, 4 Autos and more....

Release is set for January 12, I should have my case a day or two after. I will ship as soon as I get these boxes and when payment has been received in full.

At least half payment is due when your order is placed as a Deposit, and the other half is due by January 10th.

I accept Money Orders, Paypal, Cash, Personal Checks (held until they clear).

For more info please email me Stang81@comcast.net (this is NOT my paypal address)

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    hmm lets see...playoff comes out with the short print list and it has all the major pulls on it, and then they
    announce that they are putting coach sigs in it......This just doesn't look like a solid value right now. Playoff
    comes out and tells you that the good cards will be hard pulls but won't tell you what the print runs are.
    Is this a way to sell product? If there are only going to be 50 Roethlisbergers in the whole run then just
    tell me so I don't waste my money pulling Tony Dungy or Kendrick Starling!

Good Luck
    Kevin
  • Options
    Hello Kevin,

Yeah I just read about the SPs. I thought it was a bad idea also but Playoff also said something about releasing the Print Run sometime next year.

I am sure just because some of the RC Autos are Short Prints, they will probably fall 1:2 boxes or 1:3 boxes or something like that. And Roethlisberger and Eli will probably have less than 200 Autos, but I doubt it will be 50. Thats just crazy, but it will be GREAT for whoever does pull one. Probably sell for over 2000$ on Ebay, or close to it. I think it would be sweet to get a Quad Round Numbers Roethlisberger/Manning/Rivers/Losman.

Playoff would ruin their whole product if it was impossible to pull the good stuff. Still though, I cant understand why nobody is interested in buying this stuff from me.

Is it because I am not a SR MEMBER on this board yet? Or is my price too high? Blowout has his prices at 105$ per box, and mine is right in line (even less if you buy more than 1 box).

This board just has VERY low activity. I have posted something and checked it 3 days later and it was still at the top with no response.

If I collected still I would REALLY love to get some Prime Signatures. Lots of nice pulls.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, almost forgot to thank you for responding to my post. It seems like you are the only person who ever does, so I thank you.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I don't think the price is too bad, but guys are a little hesitant to put down 50-100 bucks on a product that
    may or may not be here in a month (playoff has moved it back in the past). You might get a better
    response once the product is live and you offer live boxes. Of course you may have your reasons for
    presells and thats fine.

There are a few rookies right now that are on fire and Im sure the price of their autos are going up
    each day. We didn't have that last year. I can see playoff going the under 100 route on the major
    rookies. Is there a checklist on this stuff yet?

You are in the right place but this may not be the best time.

Thanks
    kevin
  • Options
    Hello Kevin,

I am normally on the Beckett MB. I have over 2200 posts. Plus I am an ebay powerseller, I am just new to this board.

I have dealt with Bjork, he purchased 2 boxes of Flair MLB a few months ago from me. Someone posted on the Beckett MB which RC are SPs, Andy Reid is an SP also.

Do you think these boxes could skyrocket after release? Around 150$-200$? SRP for the packs is 6$, and hobby shops always jack up the price, so if you think about it, if the packs are at least 10$ each, wouldnt a box be 240$ or so?

I dont need to sell these as presells, I have already placed my order and it is paid for. I am just trying to have them sold before I get them so I can ship them out right away and focus on my next purchase. Do you want the list of SP RC Autos? I can cut/paste it from the other board and put it here so you know.

I also pulled a Cotchery Pristine Auto with a gold label and it only brought 4.99$ on Ebay. Is he one of the HOT RC Autos you were talking about? I wish I could bust a few cases of Prime Signatures and Leaf Limited. I have seen some nice stuff pulled.

A guy pulled a Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Jim Brown, Tony Dorsett, Marcus Allen, Walter Payton AUTO #2/3 and posted pics on the Beckett MB. I would have passed out if I pulled that one.....SWEETNESS!!!
  • Options
    Donruss/Playoff has announced that there will be short-printed autographs in
    the upcoming release of 2004 Playoff Contenders Football. The Rookie Ticket
    autographs, which were traditionally not numbered until the last two years,
    will return to their un-numbered status. According to Rob Springs, Director
    of Product Development, "We actually had a lot of collectors request this,
    because they enjoyed the chase of the SP's within the Rookie Ticket
    autographed subset. We will hold true to the traditions of the past and
    just give the SP's for now and provide actual print runs early next year."

All of the other autographed inserts (MVP Contenders Autographs, Rookie of
    the Year Autographs, Legendary Contenders Autographs and Round Numbers
    Autographs) will remain sequentially numbered.

2004 Playoff Contenders is scheduled for release on January 12th, carrying a
    $6 pack SRP and featuring four autographs per box, on average.

Here are the SP Rookie Ticket Autographs:

#106 Ben Roethlisberger
    #107 Ben Troupe
    #115 Chris Gamble
    #116 Chris Perry
    #120 D.J. Hackett
    #121 D.J. Williams
    #124 Derrick Hamilton
    #126 Devard Darling
    #127 Devery Henderson
    #129 Drew Henson
    #131 Eli Manning
    #132 Ernest Wilford
    #134 J.P. Losman
    #140 Jerricho Cotchery
    #143 Johnnie Morant
    #146 Julius Jones
    #147 Keary Colbert
    #148 Kellen Winslow Jr.
    #149 Kenechi Udeze
    #150 Kevin Jones
    #151 Larry Fitzgerald
    #152 Lee Evans
    #155 Matt Schaub
    #157 Mewelde Moore
    #158 Michael Clayton
    #159 Michael Jenkins
    #160 Michael Turner
    #161 P.K. Sam
    #163 Quincy Wilson
    #166 Reggie Williams
    #168 Robert Gallery
    #170 Samie Parker
    #174 Steven Jackson
    #175 Tatum Bell
    #176 Tommie Harris
    #179 Vince Wilfork
    #196 Andy Reid
  • Options
    Stang, don't feel bad because no one is buying, I would be willing to bet that no one has sold much on here especially in the last several months. Only thing happening on here is some chatting, and maybe some trades, and advertisements for ebay posts. This group has severely deteriated over the last few months, I see maybe 4-5 new posts a day. I don't try to sell wax on here because I never expect to move any.
    XTRA INNINGS SPORTS CARDS
    Now Closed For Good

REFERENCES: check rmcards4u

Looking for tough Game Used and Autos in Football and Baseball, expecially Phillies, Orioles, Redskins, Steelers, Eagles and Raiders.
  • Options
    ...a freaking ghost town - that's what CU is. I still remember when I first came to CU. It was HOT there were so many TRADE posts. Sucks to see it at this state or atleast the Sports Card Forum.
    http://www.kardkollector.cjb.net/

Amos Zereoue ('99 RC - Steelers/Raiders)
    Avon Cobourne ('03 RC - Lions)
    Quincy Wilson ('04 RC - Falcons)
  • Options
    Hello guys,

Thanks for your responses. I have been on the Beckett.com MB for a while now and it is so active that if I post something and check it 10 minutes later (if nobody has responded) my post will be on the 2nd or 3rd page. And I have to bump it.

That never happens here.

I joined this board because I thought that more people would be reputable and willing to deal.

I used to collect cards (I am 22 and started when I was about 4), but I recently stopped only because there are SO MANY Jersey/Memorbilia cards out that the value has died. Back in 99-2002 a Jersey card (even common) might bring 10$ or so, but now I have trouble selling common GU for 1-3$ each.

Also in my opinion Lebron has damaged the hobby. Only because he has Autos that sell/book for more than a Michael Jordan RC, but I also think Jordan hurt his "legacy" by playing longer than he should have. Still though, I would rather have a Jordan RC PSA 8 than a Lebron Auto #/25. (but thats just me)

I will be more active on this board (to make it a better place), but I will need some help.

As for the Playoff Contenders boxes, I have 10 left. Whatever I don't sell I will BEG my wife to let me open.

Thanks again,
    Mike

Stang81@comcast.net Schoobies (on EBay)
  • Options
    Its been a few days since I have had a response to this post, ANYONE else interested in Playoff Contenders?

Boxes or Packs. I can do packs for 8$ each Delivered or give a Quantity Discount

Please email me if you are interested

Stang81@comcast.net

You can see my Ebay Feedback ID Schoobies
  • Options
    Hey Stang I see you on Beckkett all the time. When Are we going to race our Ponies. I've got a 99 GT Convertable GO BLUE OVAL
    I collect Yankees (especially Derek Jeter) and autographed sports memorabilia from any sports. Will pay cash or trade.
    Refs. Jason, CoachVinny, Colt, Baird34,DpSports,CardnYou, Ryano and many many more
  • Options
    Hello,

I had a 95 Mustang GT 5.0, I sold it and now have a 97 Pontiac GTP. There is a pic on the Beckett Board in my sig.

Its alot faster than my Mustang was but runs VERY quiet, I miss the rumble of my Borla exhaust I had on the Mustang.

If you think your Stang would hang with the GTP bring it......

Will have to be next spring though because the car is now in the werehouse being stored.

• Options
    I also have a Jeter SP FOil RC that I had signed in 94 at a cardshow in Kzoo MI, if you are interested in buying it I can send you a pic.

Stang81@comcast.net if you would like one.

Thanks again,
    Mike
  • Options
    Yeah lemme see the pic would love that one
    I collect Yankees (especially Derek Jeter) and autographed sports memorabilia from any sports. Will pay cash or trade.
    Refs. Jason, CoachVinny, Colt, Baird34,DpSports,CardnYou, Ryano and many many more
  • Options
    That link worked that I sent you didnt it?

LMK, if not I will just send you the scan via Email.

Your Boller, and other cards were mailed out today.
    Not sure if you will get them before Xmas or not but you should have them soon.

Thanks again,
    Mike

**Anyone interested in the Playoff Contenders boxes, I have only 8 left. Email me if you are interested Stang81@comcast.net
  • Options
    8 Available for sale.....

110$ for the first box

100$ for each additional box

Boxes will be shipped as soon as I get them, Priority Mail, Insured with Delivery Confirmation.

Stang81@comcast.net to place an order or post.
  • Options
    Anyone???

These prices have started going up on Ebay as presells ending between 85-100$ per box. Price is sure to go up upon Release.

Now is the time to lock in the great price of 110$ per box (first box) and 100$ for each additional box.

Stang81@comcast.net
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    stang-I'd be interested in a couple boxes at that price. I'll look up your post on the Beckett boards and see if I can find you there. LMK.

-Josh

geek2@comcast.net
  • Options
    Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, I havent been checking this board very often.

I am already sold out of Playoff Contenders (120$ per box).

My next order of Presells will probably be in February or early March.

If anyone is interested in Presells please contact me.

Stang81@comcast.net

SP Authentic Basketball
    Fresh Ink
    Autographics
    Classic Clippings
    Authentix

these are the next products I will be ordering. If anyone is interested please email me for a quote.

Thanks again,
    Mike