Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Bad Ebay Experience Today- Buyers Take Note

Well, I dont like blowing the whistle on people but i have to on this one:

ebay seller: jgainnm

This fellow has 99.7% feedback and i bought a psa 6 al aber 1957 topps card off him for 7.00...10 with shipping. I sent him a 10 dollar bill in the mail for it. He apprently hasnt recieved it.

When I suggested we wait a few more days and I will then repay with check/paypal via this following copy and paste:

if nothing arrives in the next couple days i will resend check or pay though paypal. Let me know

...I got this:

No payment has been received as of today's mail. If it is not received by Thursday 12/16, I will file an ebay non-paying bidder alert.
Jim

NOT EXACTLY HOW YA WANT TO TREAT A CUSTOMER AFTER THEY TELL YA THEY SENT PAYMENT, IT DOESNT ARRIVES, AND THEY TELL YOU THEY WILL SEND OUT ANOTHER....AGAIN.....Am I really supposed to jump all over this thing now after being threatened??? this is ridiculous

I congratulated him on being a wonderful ebayer and told him to relax or we both would be having a merry negative christmas. I then stated how was I to know he hadnt pocketed the 10 bucks....I mean who is at a loss here?????

Just remember this guys name....jgainnm.......and his email.......jgainnm@yahoo.com....AND STAY AWAY FROM HIM!!

Lothar52

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    by sending cash u open yourself to this kind of crap.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    It appears to me that mail has officially started to slow down for the holiday season. Hopefully the original payment with arrive soon.
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    I agree...and its the last time i send cash

Lothar52
  • Options

I've often used delivery confirmations. It's only an additonal 45 cents, and you can track it online or call an 1-800 number for status. I am sure it's not fool proof, but it will help out the majority of the time.
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    his response to telling him to calm down...and the fact i didnt like his attitude:

Frankly, I don't care whether you like my attitude or not, and I'm perfectly calm. I usually file a NPBA after 14 days without payment. If, in fact, you sent cash, then you have a problem because I haven't received anything from you. I always advise people never to send cash because the risk is clearly on the sender (I clearly can't 'prove' I didn't receive it any more than you can 'prove' you sent it).

As I stated, if payment isn't here by Thursday, I will file a NPBA. If payment isn't received within 10 days after that, I will leave negative feedback.

Jim
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    hmmmm all that attitude for a 7.00 deal? id tell the guy to take a hike.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Filing an NPBA isn't something that effects your standing with eBay; it is only a way of a seller protecting himself. After filing the NPBA, all that happens is you get another "pay up" notice from eBay and the seller still has to wait another 10 days before writing it off.

I hear what you are saying though - you explained that you sent cash, bla bla bla, and it all seems reasonable to you and me, but every seller of any volume at all has experienced the "explanations" that dragged a transaction out until there was no recourse for the seller. He would probably be better served to learn a bit of email diplomacy, but his NPBA filing policy is in keeping with the process eBay recommends for selling. With all due respect, I don't see any reason to boycott this seller.

Edited to add: Realize this guy doesn't know you from Adam. You said you sent cash, but in your email you say you will resend check. That kind of contradiction doesn't leave a seller feeling warm and fuzzy. Just a thought. (I actually had that exact scenerio happen to me from a buyer who eventually ran out of excuses and disappeared. I really kicked myself around for being so gullible and "understanding".)
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    Where's that Karl Malden ad about
    "don't carry cash"

if you do then you can't send cash....
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff