Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Advice on starting a 63 Topps set

If I want to get the 63 Topps in PSA 6 - 7 (minus the Rose rookie and Mantle). I plan on getting all cards from Ebay, no submission of raw cards from me. Is $8000 a realistic budget (not taking inflation into account)?
Fred

Comments

• Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    I think that is a very realistic goal. Though for selfish reasons I'd like to see you start that project in '06. image

The low series commons can be had in "7" for between $5-$6 delivered in large lots. The higher series don't come up as often and seem to go for between $8-$12 per card.

Commons in "6" seem to be basically given away and buying these would definately allow you to purchase nicer sevens for the stars. This is the approach I'm currently taking. Though I recently bought a mixed group of sevens and eights and I'm selling the eights off on ebay.

• Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I started in on that set a year and a half ago, and though I abandoned it, I think that was around the target figure I had, and I was aiming more for 7s than 6s. It would've taken a lot of frugality and luck, but it should be very much achievable, especially now with the greater supply. And like sagard says, keep your eyes open for bulk lots. If you can drop a few hundred at a time, you'll put together a big chunk of the set cheaply.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay