Home Sports Talk
Options

I think the Giants have the wrong Manning

Comments

• Options
    Next year, if Eli is tossing 35 tds, do NOT come here bragging. I'm sure you will though.

Like that will happen anyways image Eli is Haarable!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Hey, supposedly Peyton had a rough start also. I have faith in Eli's future. They say he will be better than Peyton, which would be amazing.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Sorry to burst your bubbles Giants fans, but Eli Manning sure as heck is no Peyton Manning.

Before the 2004 NFL draft, Eli Manning communicates through his father to the San Diego Charger front office that if he is drafted by San Diego, he will not sign and sit out the entire year. Now after having a Ryan Leaf-like start on the gridrion, Manning demands to be traded to the Chargers because he wants to "play for a contender [rather] than a team in disarray like the Giants". Is this guy priceless or what?

Eli to San Diego: Don't Draft Me!

Eli Demands to be Traded to San Diego after having another lousy game with the Giants

ELI MANNING
    TEAM NYG
    YEAR 2004
    G 6
    GS 4
    COM 42
    ATT 110
    PCT 38.2
    YDS 516
    AVG 4.7
    TD 1
    LNG 52
    INT 6
    RAT 33.8

(edited for spelling)

• Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Oh my, I hadn't seen that... Piece of work? No. Piece of $hit? Obviously.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    I didn't read these articles in detail until now. This passage is amazing!

[Archie] Manning acknowledged that his son would be criticized for his decision to ask for a trade but said the decision was final.

"We're just not going to accept playing for the New York Giants ," said Manning. "It's as simple as that. I'm sorry about having to ask for this trade. I talked to Ernie [Accorsi] and told him that I hate this. I really hate this. I think it makes my family look bad and it makes the league look bad. But I've spoken to a lot of people in the league about this and the consensus is that it's the right decision. And people in the league are never wrong about anything."

The Giants started the year off with a 4-1 record but have lost four in a row, and their chances of making the postseason have dwindled. Kurt Warner was throwing the ball well but could not avoid the pressure caused by aggressive defenses and a patchwork offensive line. Tom Coughlin is a controversial coach that the players may turn against if the team bottoms out.

By contrast, the San Diego Chargers are one of the most exciting teams in the league. Quarterback Drew Brees , left for dead on the team's bench last season, is having a career year but is also a free agent at the end of the season. Condon's plan is to have Manning replace Brees, taking snaps from behind the Bolts'stalwart offensive line.

"Clearly the Chargers are a brilliant franchise on the cutting edge of the NFL," said Condon. "A talent like Eli Manning deserves a team that is solid from top to bottom and has an unwavering commitment to excellence. Also, Eli enjoys the west coast lifestyle. He's one of those laid back, easy going California dudes. He really dislikes all that media attention in New York."

A bratty kid with a clueless father. It's truly amazing that Peyton turned out the way he did!

• Options
    Sounds like a B.S article to me
  • Options
    Dont know if the articles are true... but something to consider.. the Giants front line couldnt stop cheerleaders, let alone a defense. With NY tossing Manning out there to get slaughtered... you cant expect too much out of him. Like most young quarterbacks, if you toss them in, straight out of school.. they wont do anything (in most cases). Give the kid a few years to develop, then see what happens.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that Eli has not much of a chance right now with that LOUSY Giant team, but I do not want to hear compairisons to Peyton, if Eli even remains a starter after next season then we can start that Garbage, or let the media start it, for now he is just a ROOKIE, forget Peyton and Archie, He is just ELI and has not yet made a name for himself.
  • Options
    If you think that article is for real, I have rare stuff for sale if interested!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    THAT IS THE FUNNIEST SITE EVER!!!

some great article titles

Suzy Kolber Apprehended After Nine-State Killing Spree
    Allen Iverson To Get Third Arm So He Can Put Tattoos On It
    Cop Goes Undercover As Portland Trail Blazer To Infiltrate Drug Ring
    Saints To Quit Now Before They Humiliate Themselves Any Further
    Notre Dame Accused Of Being Prejudiced Against Sh!tty Coaches
    NHL Rules Committee Weighing Ban On Manslaughter
    WNBA Officials Beg Players To Take Performance Enhancing Drugs
    Mysterious Emailer Informs Bud Selig Hot Teens Sluts Are Waiting For Him
  • Options
    Ditto Perkdog. Put yourself in that Dude's shoes after what his father and brother have done. Talk about tough acts to follow! He has it tougher than both of them due to expectations. I hope he has a decent career.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    dude

i dont post here but i do have VERY first hand knowledge here

>>>A bratty kid with a clueless father. It's truly amazing that Peyton turned out the way he did!>>>

so here is the way it is....having roomed with archie during our playing days...which btw would put payton bouncing on my bed ( the little dickhead ) and eli crawling on the floor..i gotta tell ya

you would be surprised to find that there are many coaches in the NFL who are the clueless ones.....they all talk a good game but some have a huge disconnect when it comes to teaching and philosophy....in fact after my career was over i spent 4 years teaching our gm how to wade through all the bullshi$ coaches would put on him

think with me here

suppose you played the game for 21 years total

suppose you were lucky enough to have a couple of great high school coaches

suppose you were lucky enough to do it again in college

suppose you were drafted by a poor team and in your first 3 years you had 3 completely new staffs....some were brilliant coaches...sid gillman...wade phillips...bum phillips...larry peccatello..eddie biles..richie pettibone....joe bugel to name a few....that quite an advantage over a guy who played for shula for 13 years...as you get to see several different philosophies...

suppose you sucked every bit of knowledge from their brains

suppose you took notes everyday and really studied the game from a to z

suppose you had your own projector and watched film everyday of your life

suppose you started every game of your life and got to use all that knowledge

suppose you knew so much about offenses ( while being a defensive player ) that all the quarterbacks wanted to room with you ..just to pick your brain...manning....stabler...patorini

i could go on and on on the supposes..but you get the point

in time....one would think that person had a chance to be a 10 th degree blackbelt grand master in football

you dont get to the 9th degree unless you have been there done that.....most NFL coaches havent

you dont get the 10th degree unless you are a great teacher

a GREAT teacher can teach minds at all levels....not just one....the nfl has iq s that are all over the board and i have seen many a stud ruined by sub-par coaching with one way to teach

case in point...i have seen many a rookie come in...full of potential....take 2 steps forward in his first year....another 2 steps forward his second year...and in his third have a coaching change to some smuck who coached another position for another NFL team and take 4 steps back...thus in his fourth year be where he was when he was a rookie.....when that happens the whole team goes backwards....trouble is it becomes the precursor for the whole franchise which never goes anywhere for decades....arizona....chicago....detroit.....seattle....saints....comes to mind

the nfl is tied to time just like anything else...there are 400 hours of work in training camp ( which is where you get your " hay in the barn" )....the team that uses that time better than the others become dominant over the rest...and they do it for decades

etch this in stone...and i am going to step out here and also give you some big time philosophy

1) all NFL teams are loaded with great talent....dont think so ??? wanna bet.....ok....here is the bet...you take the superbowl winners ( pats ) and i will take any of these teams you give me .....arizona....chicago....detroit.....seattle....saints.....we go do a decathlon event ...you wont beat me 10-0...9-1....8-2....7-3.....the result will be 6-4.....5-5....4-6......as i said all teams have great talent

that being said....you have to teach the talent...so where is the weak link....COACHING....PERIOD!!!!!!!!

2) here is my philosophy i have put on a few owners wanting to build a contender

it takes 12 people to build a dynasty

9 guys in coaching shorts....for it is they who has to get your talent up to speed and develop it..QUICKLY AND EFFICIENTLY

2 guys with suits and ties...for it is they ( by way of their scouts ) who have to excell in the middle draft rounds..as everyone knows the studs...they also have to be great at trades and know who can play and who cant and how much they have left in the tank...they have to have the player pipeline filled at each position with no gaps...just to name a few

1 quarterback...notice he is my only player mentioned....but with a great gm....i have others in the pipeline....the quarterback is the center of a team...if you dont have one you screwed...just go ask chicago....wanna know what happened to dallas this year....its not that vinney cant do it ...its just that dallas spent just about all of their " get the hay in the barn " time with that other ignat....when they released him i knew dallas would loose 10 games this year...

coaching in the NFL is very suspect...and as per my formula it is 9/12s of the equation

a few years ago i did the color for ABC for a home opener...before the game i went onto the field for pregame warm up and went over to watch the o-line warm up...in 30 seconds i came back to the booth on the field for the pregame show...i told my co-host " they are going to be absolutely shi$$y this year"...he said why is that...i said " the o-line coach is terrible".....they ended up last in the league in rushing and total offense...he called me after the season and asked how did you know???i said the o-line were taking 12 inch splits and featuring the i formation.....where were they going to jam the football making the "box" smaller....not to mention bringing the strong safety into a better logistical position for the defense

so where am i going with all this tiatribe....i havent talked to archie but appartently he feels the staff up in ny is weak....very weak...and he knows that your first 3 years sets the direction for your career...and in eli`s case...the direction isnt good

whew

that was too long

monsterman

ps...as far as peyton....has is in good hands...one year while playing pittsburgh i knocked out bradshaw.....6 plays later bethea knocked out malone....so who do you think came in to play quarteback the rest of the game????a defensive back.....named dungy...that tells ya something.....and ever since that day i kept my eye on him
    my goal is to find the monsters and i go where they are but i sometimes miss some.... so if you have any and want to sell IM THE BUYER FOR THEM!!!

out of rockets ...out of bullets...switching to harsh language