Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

In need of identification help...

Howdy there,

I don't really collect world coins, can anyone assist in identifying some of these world coins?

I appreciate any help anyone could provide image

Edit: Ignore the US coins, please.

Comments

• Options
    The left side third from the top is an upside down Chinese cash coin. The rest are European - two George III (18th-early 19th Century) and one George VI (early mid-20th Century) English coins. The other one says Scotland and might have young Queen Victoria on it; but there's no matching picture in the 19th Century Krause under Scotland, and Victoria was an old lady by the turn of the century.
    Roy

• Options
    Actually, it's not Scotland but Nova Scotia. It's a 1 penny token of 1840 or 1843 listed as KM-4.
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • Options
    dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭
    Thanks for the help, perhaps one of these days I'll pick up a Krause book to identify these holey world coins I get in these lots at times.
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    The Chinese one is from the Board of Revenue, Beijing. It was produced during the Kangxi period, 1662-1723.
  • Options
    Is it just my eyes or does that half dime have a mint mark?

The large silver piece is a 4 Reales from Mexico and the small one next to the half dime looks to be a 1 Reale from Mexico. And of course the bottom right is a Canadian 25 cent piece.