Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Help translating German Zodiac medal

I have this inscription on the back of a 48 mm German medal, which I believe describe the attributes of a Taurus, but would like confimation from someone fluent in German image The medal reads "KRAFT UND BEHARRUNG GIBT DIES ZEICHEN ERWERBSSINN HILFT BESITZ ERREICHEN"
danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."

Comments

• Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    Cool medal! I am a Taurusimage Let's see how I do with the translation my German is very out of practice:

"KRAFT UND BEHARRUNG GIBT DIES ZEICHEN ERWERBSSINN HILFT BESITZ ERREICHEN"
    "Power and persistence gives help to this sign reaching acquisition sense possession"

Which is true the sign of the bull is one of leadership, sense and persistence and enjoys acquiring possessions
  • Options
    danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭
    ttt
    danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    "KRAFT UND BEHARRUNG GIBT DIES ZEICHEN ERWERBSSINN HILFT BESITZ ERREICHEN"

I'd translate this loosely as "This sign gives the power and persistence which strengthens business aptitude and the acquisition of possessions."
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭
    Thank you!!! image
    danglen

My Website